“So-So Tapas Bar”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food was ok, the atmosphere a bit cramped. I dined with a friend who lives in Paris and she said it used to be much better. As far as Paris cuisine is concerned, this place is average.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Les Pietons is a Spanish resto that serves tapas as well as other dishes. The lunch special is 12.5E for three tapas, dessert and a glass of Sangria. This was a ton of food! And @ 5E each, the best deal we had in Paris all week.
The tapas were good, some really good and some average. We could not eat half of the food we ordered. Groaning we ordered dessert, as it was included. Magically, I had room for one of the best creme brulees I have every eaten.
Service was slow at times, but it was very busy.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were on a search to eat a croque-monsieur for our lunch when we came across this restaurant. The food that people were eating (there were about 3 outside tables taken) caught our eye and secondly the price: 12.50 for 3 tapas, dessert and a drink. We decided because our evening meals would be French we would allow ourselves to eat tapas in Paris :-)

The gazpacho was the number one dish, really very tasty in a huge glass, it could have been a bit more cold so I put in some ice from my softdrink. The other tapas were also good and with the delicious desserts made us very happy. We left not being able to eat anything more.
It was also wonderful to sit outside and watch every-one walk by and just have a really relaxing lunch.

Service could have been with a smile and I only saw one when I said that we really enjoyed the food. I think a lot of tourists eat here and maybe they are ‘tourist tired’ or some-thing…. That’s a shame because a smile makes every-one more happy and costs nothing.
But reading the other reviews maybe the waiter (the only one) was having a not so good day.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

A good spot with really good spanish food. They have a menu where you can choose three tapas for 11 euros. The plates may seem a bit small but it is very substantial.

The atmosphere is good but often crowded. You might want to arrive a bit before 12pm if you want to be sure to have a table.

The barmen are not always very nice, and the menu is in french so it is too bad cos none of the barmen were able to explain to my english friends what kind of food they were ordering.

Apart from that, it is a good restaurant.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Brilliant place, the waiters are great, the food is brilliant and tapas portions are big (as advised before the lunch formula with 3 tapas, dessert and sangria is great, you get out stuffed, can't finish it all and it's yummi).

We tried cocktails before lunch, the strongest I've ever had! you're not cheated on the alcoohol level in it, worth 2/3 normal cocktails:)

Overall a great experience, will definitely go back there and would advise to anybody!