“Disappointing”

Neighborhood: Montmartre
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant and initially were enticed by their set price menus and their French onion soup.However under the layer of cheese there was more bread than onions!!
Service was extremely quick and we eventually realised the reason for this; the food was not being cooked fresh; the meals had all been precooked and required little preparation.
The ambiance was poor but could easily be improved with a bit of imagination.
All in all a disappointing experience on what was our last night in Paris.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“Fantastique!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are a foreign person in Paris. I speak French and went for dinner with English speakers and a Spanish speaker and they were very accommodating. They were able to supply us with two English menus, a French menu and a Spanish menu - first time i have ever seen something like that in a restaurant. They have an extremely affordable set menu (we were cheeky and ordered some extras from the actual menu.) What's more, the staff were very friendly, were able to speak English and create a very fun environment. Even though my French isn't perfect they laughed along with me as i relalised i made silly mistakes. But, i would definitely recommend this restaurant to any people visiting Paris. It was perfect!

1 Thank EM159
Atlanta, Georgia
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Yes, the service can be a little slow, but the French are in no hurry when enjoying a good meal.
This is family style French dining!

The portions are huge, so you probably want to take your time eating over the course of a couple of hours. I was traveling alone and wished I had someone to share my plentiful dinner with.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The owner or manager would come by my table to check on me and to say hello.

I ate here twice on my trip and will be going back again this December.

• Visited December 2011
London
“OK....”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Positives: Good sized portions and food a little mixed but on the whole good (the mussels starter and rib beef main were both great)

negatives: TERRIBLE service - never offered water, first 1/2 bottle of wine took a while to come, the second 1/2 bottle never arrived so we were left for half the meal without drink of any kind. The staff had disappeared so could not follow up. Just bizairre really.

Ontario
“TWO OF OUR FOUR DINNERS”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When you only have four nights in Paris and you go to a restaurant you have been two each of your previous visits to Paris, that restaurant has got to be fabulous!

For us, the entire package that is Le Durer in Montmartre, is the best food at incredible value that we have found. The French onion soup is the best I have ever had and my husband says the same thing of his 12 escargots, who's buttery sauce is still bubbling inside the shell when they arrive at the table. The lamb chops arrive on their cutting board, 4 or 5 of them, cooked to perfection.

I have the coffee ice cream every time. Can't help myself. My husband has the colonel, French citrus ice cream floating in vodka.

Make reservations; it's small and popular and full of locals. Order one of the plates, but fabulous value.

1 Thank Bebe-Says---