“Good Food, Terrible Service”
Review of Le Bambou

Le Bambou
Ranked #10,195 of 17,739 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Place d'Italie / Quartier Asiatique
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Food was tasty enough, and in decent portions, the effect of which was amplified by the fact that every course was served all at once. Snapping, snarling, incomprehensible (in french, no idea what their english is like) and incompetent (a three man job to work the credit card machine) staff did not a pleasant experience make.

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Good food, bad service! I don't recomend! I've left this placê hungry and angry. The waiter was rude, they closed the kitchen without warning us and they didn't make no effort to understand my bad franch.

1  Thank Julio M
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The deco is nothing special but we don't go here for the deco. The food is delicious, fresh and cheap. The service is quick and cheery (he always puts our helmet on a hook because there is no space at the table). However, we always come during the week because weekends can get quite busy.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I would only recommend it to those who are dying to have good Vietnamese food, period. I was warned of zero hospitality, zero smiles, being rushed to order, rushed to leave, so I wasn't caught by surprise when I was given 30 seconds to decide what I wanted from the 5 or so pages of yummy stuff! The waiter just stood there with his pen in writing mode and a face that said 'get with it already'. Thank goodness I went knowing I wanted Pho which made it easier! The Pho was not disappointing - very yummy indeed! I am prepared for my next Fast n Furious speed eating no frill session - I took a photo of the menu so I might even beat le serveur to the chase the next time around! Don't expect friendly faces or even the slightest opportunity to "chat" with a friend over this lunch. Just go because you want to savour delicious Vietnamese food in 30 minutes. Or less.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Le Bambou is very busy, but so worth the wait! There is usually a line, but they get you in pretty quick. They have a huge menu to choose from and I will definitely go back. The Pho was amazing.