“it's not like inaki is the only creative chef in the world”
Review of Le Chateaubriand

Le Chateaubriand
Reserve with
Le Chateaubriand is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,609 of 17,871 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

the food was great but i have left the restaurant with resentment; over-priced, i liked the waiters except for one icredibly rude one (i'm not allowed to use profanity here, believe me rude is the nicest thing anyone can say about this person), but overall i feel like there are more than one or two super creative and talented chefs in the world, and in these places like the Chateaubriand and Frenchie, they treat you like they are God's gift to earth, and the fact is, yes they are talented and the food itself is an experience (but that's it!), the only reason these places are sooo over-validated is because of the public and media speculation; i seriously have cooked better experimental food in the comfort of my own kitchen, and i refuse to appreciate this kind of delusional arrogance... if a restaurant is not humble and nice enogh to treat people -who were generous with their time and money to go to there- with respect, then it's not worth going at all; no one is that talented, and this arrogance they get away with is an insult to all the creative and humble chefs in the world.

3  Thank goforflavour

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We had heard excellent reports about le chateaubriand & it did not disappoint. The staff are great & most helpful. The atmosphere is also great (not plush but a cool urban feel with a nod to traditional French dining) but most importantly the food & wine was divine. For the €60 tasting menu we had 10 excellent courses - three of which were really phenomenal. The wines ranged from €38ish up & they have a considerable selection. I'd highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ok, let's start with the appreciation to eat good because the restaurant is highly rated....... It must be a big joke!!! The bread was dryer than a popcorn fart, the service was really basic and the food was just a big mistake...... Fish not fresh, meat not fresh either, the only plate that I ate was the soup at the beginning which was OK....... After this, it was worst and worst..... Specially the plate of razor shell where I almost had to use the bathroom right away....
I love food, I love to eat good but I can appreciate more basic food...... But le chateaubriand was just a very unpleasant experience. I would highly recommend you NOT GOING!

3  Thank Marie C
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I live in San Francisco, so my expectations are high when it comes to food. My boyfriend had read about this place in the New York Times as being one of the best 50 restaurants in the world. I can see why. Every dish was so unique and each one made my taste buds dance. I think I made moaning noises while eating each dish because it was SO good! We got there early since they do not take reservations for the 9:30 seating. We were the 2nd in line (got there at 9:15) and were seated very soon after entering the restaurant.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was the worst experience, what a waste of time! Awful food. Only point they get is the servers were pleasant. If you are interested in the art of dinning i would avoid this like the plague.
No ambiance (we were seated next to the bathroom, next to the kitchen- but it would not have mattered). I would have gathered dinned on an airplane. 210Euros later my money would have been much better spent at Joel Robouchon's L'Atelier. WHAT A DUMP!

4  Thank Lvm_11