“A little gem in the heart of rue Montorgueil, always packed!”
Review of Little Italy Caffe

Little Italy Caffe
Ranked #1,525 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: It is not any more only in New York but also in Paris, street Montorgueil. We eat there very well, in the beautiful outside(terrace) days, among a young and trendy clientele of the district. Always crowded and noisy, we wait at the counter until the tight tables release themselves. For those who do not need a peace to eat well. A simple and pleasant cooking.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

When I got in I felt like a winner...on a cold day in the middle of the week at lunchtime I got in...the place is SO packed that they had to move chairs and tables to get me (and my "soldes" / sales shopping bags) seated.
Gorgeous food, great service, very reasonable priced, and only two doors away from where I live, what do you want more?
Small but fine wine list, great coffee, delicious pasta and fab' pizzas, this place has it all!
Authentic Italian cuisine but with a modern twist, love it! A must-have-been-to place!

There are newer reviews for Little Italy Caffe

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went with a group of friends for lunch, there are so many choices and we just picked by sight and menu (very rare... since we are such tripadvisor loyalists)... It turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. The staff are great... as an example, when we left cash with our credit-card paid bill, our waiter pointed out that in Paris the tip is included in the bill... THAT was something that had never happened before in a french restaurant (where the often not so subtle implication is that a tip is still expected)... we actually knew that was the protocol and explained that we simply wanted to say thank you for the great service. He was very appreciative and immediately went and grabbed us each a mini panettone... Impressive! And then he topped it off with a complimentary limoncello to boot.
Of course great service is part of the equation, the meal was wonderful too.
The buffala was fresh and creamy, the da mare pasta was terrific with generous portions of seafood, the ravioli was also outstanding... and all of it very filling. This was a great lunch experience and I highly recommend you pay them a visit.

1  Thank trinations
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Great italian resteraunt in a beautiful quiet street. The food is very tasty and the portion are satisfing. A lot of locals eat there and the place is usualy fool. Its a good place if you are hungry and less if you are planning a romantic dinner. The prices are average for paris 20-30 euro for entree and main course. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My Wife and i were in paris celebrating our 20th wedding aniversary and visiting the sial exhibition
we hoped to go to a french restaurant near by but couldnt get in without a reservation.so we found little italy by accident. my wife had veal with palma ham which was superb while boring me had lasagne which was also superb.we had an excellent bottle of wine and then followed with dessert tiramisu and pannacotta both also superb.the waitress while speaking little english was very attentive even though the place was packed by the time we left.
would recommend to anybody in the area.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We happned to pass in front of the cafe and found rather full so decided to dine there. Starter was okay but pasta was awful, over cooked. We will never visit again.