“High expectations to low realizations”

Le Refuge des Fondus
Ranked #2,419 of 16,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Paris, France
“High expectations to low realizations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I heard about this restaurant from a lot of people, therefor, it's super well known and very touristy. I'm used to the French wait staff being slightly unfriendly, but this had to take the cake. The food was overpriced, about 20/person, they were obviously in a hurry to get us in and out of there very fast, and they were not willing to explain to us how it worked in terms of sharing a pot. The room is small and crowded, and the fondue was sub-par. Clearly they make a stinking profit off all the people who come in, serving cheap cheese fondue, stale bread, and canned fruit for dessert. Go to a different bar if you want the baby bottle experience - this place is NOT worth it.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Hannah C

• Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Grab a sharpie and a baby bottle.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've been to Refuge twice. The food is decent - the ambiance is amazing. The staff is entertaining, the food is pretty good and reasonably priced...and the baby bottles of wine are great.

If you're expecting high end dining, then save up three times the money and go else where. This is a fun and different dining experience to be shared with friends, strangers and either a sharpie or WhiteOut pen to sign the walls.

• Visited November 2011
“Worst fondue I have ever had !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was recommended this place and I have got to say I am from Canada and I have never had fondue this bad at home!! The service wasn't too bad and the baby bottles were cute but the food itself was
awful. The beef was chewy and the cheese kept separating and was oily and cheap tasting. I have had fondue a few times locally around my apartment in Toronto Canada and it was delicious so it was especially disappointing to have such bad fondue in Paris France Do it if you want a touristy bad tasting experience!!! Poor quality !!

2 Thank Leahridgard
Toronto, Canada
“I'd would rather have eaten the 50 euro note:-(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The worst restaurant I have have ever been to. At present I'm am sticking my figures down my throat trying to regurgitate the muck that I just eat. Cheese was terrible, the meat was sickly and tasteless and the sides where cheap and insulting. The service was ok but please save your money......Paris does better than this:-) baby bottle was cute but can be bought in local convienece store.

2 Thank Simonv1984
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfect dinner after a long day of trekking around Paris.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Fun, casual dining experience. I talk about this place more than anything else from my trip, the food is good but the baby bottles are awesome.