“Authentic French”
Review of Le Basilic

Le Basilic
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Le Basilic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,019 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great food. Service was also top notch. I went with a friend who was Parisian. If we had more people in our party, we would have ordered the Salt Crusted - Baked Lamb...was told that it was something they made seaonsonally.

1  Thank river1duck
Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We started trying to book a restaurant before we headed to Paris for Christmas day, we were surprised that a lot of the restaurants we phoned were closed on Christmas Day, so rather than phoning and getting answer phones that were in French we decided to just see what happened.

Well we came accross Le Basilic on Christmas Eve and booked for Christmas lunch, menu looked ok and it was a reasonable price.

When we got there, there were no Christmas decorations apart from an undecorated Christmas tree outside, we werer a bit disappointed about that, but never mind at least we were not at McDonalds.

We decided on the 3 course menu, which had about 3 - choices, we both had the soup to start, which was vegetable and it did have some chunky vegetables in it and was quite nice.

We then both had the steak, which again was nice well cooked and it came with sauteed potatoes, which again they were nice, but it really was steak with a few flat chips.

Desert I had the up side down apple tart which my husband loved and was the highlight of his meal, he had a caramel something and he did not mind that, but only ate that after eating all of my dessert, well it was Christmas and a time to share!!

Every thing was nice, nice price 23 euro each, nice food, nice service, I have always hated the word nice as to me it is so non descript, but it is the word for this place.

I think there are too many other good restaurants to go back there, but it served the purpose and it was NICE.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This restaurant is very quaint - located at the end of one of the main streets of Montmartre. It is tiny, very beautiful on the outside and well situated.

The night we ate there, we were unfortunate in that two large parties were also there so the service was extremely slow: it took over 2 hours for our 3 courses. However, the atmosphere - and the food - was so good, we didn't find it to be a nuisance.

We didn't stay for coffee, but the staff earned their tip.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We found this place earlier on in the day and liked the look of it so book it for dinner. We opted for the 3 courses for 23 euro menu and were pleased with it. The starters were tasty. My main parmentier au canard was not what I expected, duck pieces covered by mashed potato but it was ok. My fiance's steak was good and the deserts were lovely. The wine was fairly pricy for a country that produces so much of the stuff but there was a good selection for between 20 and 30 euros a bottle. I had in mind to get something fizzy but the cheapest bottle was 75 euro, again how can it be so expensive. The best thing about the place is it's setting, in the heart of Montmartre on a corner. Inside it is very attractive too, with lots of wood. The service was good too.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

A colleague at the embassy recommended this restaurant to cap off our visit to the Montmarte and I am so happy we took up the recommendation. We opted for the 47Euro menu and were quite happy with it; you can choose one of anything among the appetizers, mains and desserts as well as an aperitif (calculated separately, the deal was 10-12 euros cheaper). Restaurant is cozy to put it mildly (tables are quite close together), but not so much as to be claustrophobic. Service was amicable, food was delicious (at worst it was good, far from awful as some reviews note) and we simply enjoyed the evening. One could do far worse in the Montmarte than Le Basilic.