“Romance in Paris”
Review of Le Coupe-Chou

Le Coupe-Chou
Reserve with
Le Coupe-Chou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #820 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We enjoyed a romantic meal in a cosy setting, with delicious food and attentive service. To be recommended !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This place was so cute and cozy, I can see in the winter how it'd be a must see and eat! The fireplaces everywhere are really fun. My husband got the beef borginon and still cant stop talking about it! Only reason I didnt give it 5 stars was bc they didnt have creme brulee available (already sold out) and it was only 830 or so, order early it looked delicious :)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Recommended by the hotel staff of the Grand Hotel Saint-Michel and easy walking distance from the hotel

Very good service and selections of what you would expect from a french restaurant.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We are going on 20 years of visiting Paris and our favorite restaurants have changed. Our taste isn't necessarily lavish, though the quality, creativity, and ambiance are essentials to me. Le Coupe-Chou was a find- discovered as we meandered through the left bank one evening... and what a treasure it was! The ambiance was like something out of Midnight in Paris- quiet, dimly lit, beautiful... and the menu was farm-fresh, delicious, and creative. In addition, the service was personal and attentive. Definitely worth a date night in the city of love, though they also have a children's menu. Bon Appetit!

1  Thank karissavantassel
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

The building is beautiful and interesting. It's a lovely setting for dining.
We only had a main course. The set menu is very limited so rather than go with that we opted for one course.
My wife and son both had Beef Burgoyne and I had a seafood salad. The beef went down a treat but my salad was disappointing. The leaves were drenched in dressing and a bit soggy as a result. The seafood was only salmon and small shrimps. It was ok but when I compare it to a similar named dish I had in Venice a few days ago it didn't compare.
My wife had a Kir Royal which was €9.50, a bit pricey in my opinion and a glass of wine. The whole lot was €74 for one course for three.
I don't think we got good value.
The staff were very pleasant and service was good.