“Magnifique”
Review of Le Coupe-Chou

Le Coupe-Chou
Reserve with
Le Coupe-Chou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #309 of 17,881 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed April 17, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Paris.

The food is exquisite and the setting is charming. My wife and I arrived from Australia but booked well in advance as we wanted to sit by the fire for dinner. It was my wife's 50th. Nothing was too much trouble for the manager, Monsieur Guillaume Azoppardi. It was a busy night and our table was close to four lecturers from the Sorbonne. There were some tourists but mainly locals.

Re the menu - it's all good but be adventurous. The salmon carpacchio was divine as was the beef fillet and creme brulee. We had a Bridget Bardot look alike waitress who chose the wine and she chose very well. So much so, we had two bottles. The service was excellent.

While tourists will be attracted to the catacomb decor, don't be fooled. This is a serious, first class French restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I found this restaurant accidentally on trip adviser and decided to follow them on facebook. As I read people's comments, saw the photo's and the great effort they put in, I really wanted to book a table. I decided to ask through facebook and booked a table for our anniversary meal. That was really nice as it felt relaxed and my french is not that great!
Easy to find and as we turned up we were led through this amazing warren of seating and beams to our table, which was tucked away behind some beams, which was lovely. The restaurant was lit by candlelight and it was truly laid back, relaxed and romantic. The wine was lovely, the starter of salmon carpaccio and my husbands foie gras, was beautiful and the main beef bouguignon was amazing. And for 19.50 euros is a total bargain! It is possibly the nicest food I have eve tasted.
Thank you for such a memorable, romantic evening. We will definitely return.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very good beef bourgignoun and roasted duck beast. Finding it was a challenge but worth the search. Even though it was the servers first night she was ok.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had the pleasure of the experience April 9, 2013. Very good beef bourgiignon and roasted duck breast. Location is a challenge but the treasure find is worth the effort. The picture that I had in my minds eye for a quaint Paris restaurant.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is pretty charming and great for a romantic dinner or one with friends. Formulas are offered at the average market price of 27-32€. The bœuf bourgignon was very tasty and tender, the pavé de veau and saumon were just as good. Caution: it is very warm in the dining areas - we went in the beginning of April!! It must be a killer in the summer! I would only consider it in the winter time.