“Secluded calm in central Montmartre”
Review of Paris-Oasis

Paris-Oasis
Ranked #30 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed for the first week of our honeymoon and were delighted to find a true oasis of calm in Montmartre.

We stayed in the Iris room in the garden which was tiny, but perfect. The courtyard, flowers, garden furniture, coffee machine and tranquillity were just right to escape on honeymoon. Right on the doorstep are the steps up to the Sacre Coeur, close to bars, boulangerie and small restaurants, walkable to Gare du Nord and close enough to the metro to go anywhere in Paris, great location.

Hélène is the perfect host. We will be back.

Room Tip: Iris room is tiny but perfect, with doors opening out into the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew_Oxford
There are newer reviews for Paris-Oasis

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I was traveling to Paris to participate in the 1/2 marathon on March 4, 2012. Helene, the most amazing hostess I've ever met, started my trip off right by making the booking experience easy from the start. She continued to ensure a flawless experience by providing easy directions via multiple methods to suit my needs from the airport to the guest house. I found it to be an easy walk from Gare du Nord, but some may choose to take the Metro to the Anvers station to get even closer. She even provided directions to give a cab driver if that's your preference. Being so close to public transportation made this an ideal home base for my trip. Helene also provided spot on suggestions of local eateries. I stayed in the Eris Room which was perfect for one person. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. I had good intentions of using the pool after the run, but I never got around to it. I did not win the race, but Helene made me feel special for participating in it nonetheless. Her attention to detail and my personal needs was second to none. I would highly recommend this guest house to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It is a great getaway from the busy streets of Paris in a great area of the city! It was great and functional for families and had a pool- an amenity virtually unheard of in Paris! Very gracious hosts that provided helpful guidance. I would certainly reccomend!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We staying at the Paris Oasis in the summer of 2011 in the Iris room for 3 nights. Everything was wonderful about our stay. Helene and Jean-Loius made our stay truly memorable - from providing a glass of wine upon arrival, to giving us tickets for the metro, to recommending restaurants - it truly felt like we were guests of the family.

The Iris room was perfect for two of us. We sat our in the little garden often. The pool was a great plus. It rained quite a bit while we were there and it was a good, warm way to relax after a long day of sightseeing.

We took the Eurostar from London and walked to the Paris Oasis, which was made easy by our host's spot-on directions and map. Montmartre was a great base for our stay with a range of dining options around. We grabbed a crepe every night on our way 'home'.

I'd return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My three friends and I stayed in the Lucie Loft and my parents stayed in the Iris Room for four nights. Wonderful stay and wonderful hosts. They provided us with a few soda and wine in the fridge upon arrival and lunch because we had missed our opportunity in our travels to find food. Would recommend this to anyone.

It also has a great location in Paris, close to the metro stop which can take you anywhere you need to go in Paris.

They also reserved transportation for us to the airport so we wouldn't have to use the metro or find one on our own.

Wonderful!

Room Tip: They have many options depending on what you need. They were able to accommodate my group of 6 adul...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank nickelt564
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Very Comfortable, well appointed Liette suite fit our family of 4 beautifully. The complimentary beverages were very welcome on our arrival and the host was incredibly helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend this accommodation over a hotel any day. The entire home is beautiful & separated into private suites and suitable for couples, business or family. We enjoyed the close proximity to Sacre couer as well as Place du Tertre and the easy access to metro, shops as well as the over the top assistance of the host who made sure we had everything we needed including clear directions spoken in English. Very warm and welcoming stay in Paris.

Room Tip: there are ground level rooms for those with access issues opening into the courtyard or upper level...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our family of 4 (kids aged 10 and 12) stayed in the Lucie Loft. Our host provided welcome wine and beer in the fridge as well as daily replacement of the Nespresso coffee capsules which now has both children hooked on coffee (decaf of course!). The swimming pool is heated but as we were out most of the time we didn't get an opportunity to use it. Other facilities in the Loft are spot on - better than many 4 star hotels we've stayed in. Everything is close by - a choice of metro stations, a bakery, the Carrefour supermarket, restaurants and cafes etc. Monmartre and Sacre Coeur are a couple of minutes walk away.

I would recommend the loft to families with children older than 5 as there are open stairs down to the front door of the apartment but I think the Bignon's have other apartments suitable for families with younger children.

We'll definitely come back here next time we make it to Paris.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family