“Great find”

Ranked #20 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Arizona
“Great find”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We arrived very early and they allowed us to check-in prior to their usual check-in time. Any requests that we had were fulfilled without any problems. The entire staff, from the concierge to the bartender and wait staff, was very friendly and accomodating. The only thing I would improve upon would be having fans or air conditioning in the fitness area. Overall, we had an incredible time there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MackenziesOnTheMove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Chicago
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My husband and I loved our stay at Le Six. The rooms were well appointed, beds very comfortable and a decent size considering how small European hotel rooms can be. The hotel is very chic and decorated in a eclectic way. Staff was very helpful and polite, always greeting you as you walked to and fro from the hotel. The bathroom had the biggest shower I've ever seen in Europe and looked newly renovated!

The location is excellent with the Metro stop a block away and several historical icons within walking distance. Plenty of shops as well are in the area and lots of cute bistros...

The breakfast, which was included in our price, was very yummy with tons of options, though I think just going out for a crossaint in the morning is a better way to experience the city!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eyehearttravel
london
Reviewed August 18, 2009

After a previous enjoyable stay here last month, we were looking forward to another couple of days at Le Six. It didn't live up to expectations. The room we were allocated was tiny and claustrophobic overlooking the central vent shaft. When we pointed this out, one of the receptionists agreed that he would change our room the following day. The wireless didn't work. The next day, the receptionists were rude and combatitive. They wanted us to pay for an 'upgraded' room but eventually agreed to change it free of charge. Their attitude left us feeling uncomfortable and unwelcome. After that, they barely acknowledged us as we went through reception. The new room had some issues with it but we did't bring them up as we did not feel able to. We will not be returning here which is a shame as I had previously recommended this hotel so highly. More Hotel Le Stress than Le Six.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
24 Thank tda7
San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We had a great stay at Hotel Le Six. We arrived at about 9:00am from San Diego and were checked into our rooms immediately (thanks Morgan!!). The lobby area is all done in red and is quite stunning. The staff were all friendly and helpful with recommendations for food and train/metro information. Rooms small but lovely - nice sized bathrooms and very clean and modern. Location is excellent - close to metro, restaurants and shoppping. If you have a fun sense of humor - use the "other" elevator once in a while. Would totally stay there again - loved everyone who was on staff during our trip - Audrey was a complete doll and the young Italian gentleman (so sorry - his name escapes me, which is a total shame because he gave us the best recommendations and help!!!) spent plenty of time helping us and even serving up some drinks! Can't say enough about the staff!

Suggestions:
Bring conditioner or go to the nearest Pharmacie for it - the hotel does not provide it (at least not in our room)
Bottled water and wine can be bought by turning left outside of the hotel to the end of the block, then left again - a natural food store is right there and has good prices - 3 minute walk.
Cafes, restaurants and metro stops are to the right - 5 minute walk.
Use the Metro and bus - super easy - mobilus pass is the way to go for a day of sightseeing - 5.90 Euro for all day, bus and metro lines anywhere in the city.
Breakfast at the hotel is 22 Euro - we ate down the street for much less. Drinks at the hotel are costly too, but we had a few anyway!!

Would totally stay there again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Paris, now that we've stayed at Hotel Le Six. The location is perfect, and the hotel is immaculate, chic and comfortable. But most importantly, the staff is the best in Paris.

Unlike some hotels where the receptionists confuse snootiness with class, each and every employee we met was warm, kind and helpful. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome, including my teenagers and energetic youngest. We arrived from an overnight flight many hours before check-in, expecting only to leave our luggage for the intervening hours. Instead, they allowed us to check in immediately which was a huge relief with three boys (18, 16 and 9). We were able to rest and shower and start our first day in Paris feeling rested and refreshed instead of dragging ourselves around until we could check in to our rooms. I've done that and it is not fun.

The staff is multilingual, but they were kind enough to let me practice my tortured French on them. Free wireless is a huge plus for my teenagers and me, and they even loaned us electrical adapters, as I had forgotten ours at home. Even though the gym is very small, my husband and older sons used it every day. But really, who needs a gym in Paris? You walk or bike everywhere, so a full day of activities is all the exercise you need. The breakfast at 22 Euros is expensive when there are so many cafes so close. Nevertheless, two of my sons partook on our last morning and said it was delicious. I had intended to join them, but soaking in the deep bathtub full of Molton Brown bubbles was a luxury for which I was willing to give up food. Amazing toiletries included a luxurious tube of lip moisturizer that I made sure to take with me when we left.

We spent a few days in Aix-en-Provence before returning to le Six. Unfortunately my youngest son left his suitcase on the platform in the excitement of boarding the TGV. Audrey Pernot, the front desk manager, was unbelievably helpful, even offering to pick it up in Aix when she traveled to a town about 60 km away later in the month and send it to us in the States. I'm still humbled by her kindness. There isn't enough of that in the world, and even less it seems in four star hotels in major world cities.

I could continue raving about our stay, but I'm already afraid that when the rest of the world learns about Hotel Le Six, we won't be able to book a room on our next trip.

(We had a penthouse suite which was a suite with two spacious (by Paris standards) bedrooms and living room with fold out sofa and two exquisite bathrooms. Beautiful balconies, wonderful light and comfortable beds. We stayed for three nights and then returned for one night after a short trip to Provence.)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RFDupont
hk
Reviewed August 3, 2009

i stayed at Le Six from 14-18 Jul, 2009 with 30+ family members. we had 14 rooms, some with extra beds, some connecting rooms. all our rooms were perfect, quiet, neat, clean.... the beds were so nice we didn't want to leave in the mornings! the hotel is very conveniently located near the boulevard/rue montparnasse with shops, cafes, galleries lafayette, cinemas, bars, creperies, all located within a few minutes walk. even so, the hotel was situated in a very quiet street.

all the staff were very helpful as we had both seniors and children in our group. they helped me arrange a birthday cake for my aunt and it was just delicious!

we would recommend this to anyone who will be visiting paris and next time we will stay there again. we miss it already!

keep it up Le Six!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcella T
London
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Incredibly helpful staff, wonderful location, room, and bathroom. Made our trip absolutely perfect. Will book my next Paris stay at this charming and perfectly decorated and maintained hotel. Massage at the spa after several days of intense walking revived and restored my aching and tired body. No disappointments here at all. I highly recommend Hotel Le Six.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family