“Tres Bien!”
Review of Hotel Le Six

Hotel Le Six
Ranked #18 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 16, 2009

The Hotel Le Six is a wonderful establishment. The staff is very helpful and, when we mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary, they upgraded our room AND sent up a bottle of champagne! The location is only a short distance from the metro as well as a major shopping center and many cafes. The room decor is contemporary with hardwood floors, rich colors, and a little balcony. The room service is prompt, the noise level is peaceful, and the bed is heavenly. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again on my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Six

Reviewed April 13, 2009

Stayed three nights week of April 6th for business. Check-in was prompt and courteous. Rooms were large by Parisian standards, clean, and nicely appointed. Free Wi-Fi a nice bonus. Just ask for the password from the front desk. Great breakfast spread but typically spendy by U.S. standards. My only criticism of the hotel is the lack of a real bar, but with all the nearby establishments, not a real concern either.

Great location for walking around after business meetings concluded. Great Brasseries and Bistros nearby with a fantastic neighborhood feel. I will definitely put this hotel on the short list for future stays in Paris on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I recently stayed at Le Six and it was an amazing hotel. The staff, service and room were more than accommodating. It's location takes you into a more residential neighborhood, where you can experience the real Paris. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's ever been there and to newcomers who want to see what the city is really about. Thanks for an great weekend getaway!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2009

We were moved here from Observatoire Luxembourg which was had no rooms left in spite of us booking weeks ago. The Six was a pleasant surprise and we can't fault our stay except for the empty courtesy tray (and that was quickly rectified.) The bed linen and towels were excellent quality - lovely thick fluffy towels!! Soft comfy pillows. Pleasant and helpful staff. Two minutes from metro. Quiet room was spotlessly clean. Would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I just returned home to New York after a long flight from Paris and the first thing I'm doing is sitting down to write a review for Hotel Le Six. That is how happy I was with my stay. I have absolutely no complaints, not even in the slightest. For easier reading, I will simply call out all the reasons why you should stay here if you're visiting Paris:
(1) The rooms are fantastic. They feel like apartments. The bathrooms are modern and clean. The water pressure is perfect. They use Molton Brown products, very nice. The beds are so comfortable you are tempted to sleep in if only your agenda wasn't so packed. The rooms have small balconies, perfect for smoking a cigarette or having a glass of wine. The towels are soft and fluffy, they provide big robes and slippers. The decor is classy and sophisticated, with plenty of lighting
(2) The concierge is one of the nicest and most helpful I've ever encountered. Everyone is smiling and helpful. They go out of their way to help you. When I asked if they might have some bubble wrap lying around so I could wrap my wine and place it in my suitcase, one of the gentlemen proceeded to double wrap my bottle of wine with paper, padding and tape...and took great care to do it well. The bottle could've been dropped off the building and it wouldn't have shattered. The service is quick as well.
(3) The neighborhood is grand. Don't stay in the touristy areas if you can help it because they are overpriced and don't allow you a sense of what Paris is like. The 6th arrondissement is ideal because it's chic, preppy and clean, is close to all the sites by metro (or walking to the Jardins du Luxembourg) for instance, and is near a lot of great, authentic French restaurants and bars. Who wants to spend time in Paris surrounded by a bunch of Americans. Get the real French experience...and the location of the Hotel Le Six will provide that.
(4) Housekeeping is fantastic. The rooms are spotless and the towels are warming up when you return. Their response time is great too. They check up on you once or twice during the day to turn down the bed etc.

I could probably go on and on. The company paid for my stay which is lucky for me because it wasn't cheap. But it's worth every penny. I highly recommend this hotel and encourage everyone to stay here. I will definitely return on my next trip out to Paris.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I stayed at Hotel Le Six at the beginning of March. I've stayed in many 5* hotels and my preference is for boutique hotels with the personal touch, I found this and much more at Le Six. As the previous review highlights there are two Metro stations within 2 minutes walk of the hotel - Notre Dame des Champs and Vavin. The hotel is in a great location on a quiet street. The welcome when I arrived was professional, prompt and friendly. I was checked in early and my room was a good size (for Paris) with a very comfortable queen size bed. The bathroom was great with a funky chrome power shower, molton brown accessories, bathrobes and slippers. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but there is a restaurant directly opposite - Chez Marcel's -which offers delicious traditional French food. The hotel bar is small but chic. There is a very relaxed and peaceful ambience throughout. The hotel has a special feel as its in a traditional building but very modern inside. There are spa facilities on site (I did have a very good massage there during my stay). The staff in the spa were very helpful. Guests have complimentary use of the Hammam which is perfect for relaxing after a busy day exploring Paris. The staff really make this hotel special. The location is very good for exploring St Germain/ Cimitiere Montparnasse/ Tour Montparnasse/ Paris Observatory/ Jardin du Luxembourg. As a regular visitor to Paris I can confidently say this will be my new home from home.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank serendipity09
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stayed at Hotel Le Six for 2 days and the staff made us feel at home. They go the extra mile to make your stay as comfertable as possible(except the guy who served us breakfast on the 18 March, he was so rude.)but everything and everyone else was perfect. I would recommend this hotel without a doubt. The decor is amazing as well...

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple