“Great location in Paris, wonderful boutique hotel”
Review of Hotel Le Six

Hotel Le Six
Ranked #18 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I spent hours researching Paris hotels prior to our trip. Of importance to me was cleanliness of the hotel, reasonably priced accommodations, central location, & newer facilities. Le Six did not disappoint, the staff was friendly & helpful, the modern rooms were large by Parisian standards, & the easy location was perfect for our quick 2 night visit. We quickly learned how to navigate the close metro station & we were able to see many of the sights of Paris during our short stay. I would definitely recommend Le Six to anyone looking for accommodations in Paris!

• Stayed: August 2013
AngelaLeSix, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Tori S,

We are delighted to read your review. Thanks for your time.
We try to do our best in every service in Le Six Hotel and we are glad you appreciated it.
We would be glad to welcome you back anytime soon.

Kind regards,

Angela, Anne Levioux and the whole team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

While I'm kinda happy with my stay, I was not happy with the check out. Stay here if you want the area as everything is pretty much at your fingertips, Luxemburg Gardens, Gare Montparnasse etc. We also received a bottle of Billecart Champagne (complimentary) on arrival with delicious macaroons - a really nice touch.
However, Paris is expensive and the Le Six is no exception. In August, coincidentally when a lot of Paris is closed, the bar tender at Le Six was also away. We spent every afternoon (before going out) at the bar as the downstairs area is not bad to just chill, catch up and have a chat. Not having a bartender wasn't a big issue as the reception staff were happy to make you whatever you wanted. I just wasn't aware of the prices behind the bar (you need to ask which in my absentmindedness, didn't) and was shocked at the charges on checkout. My blue, I totally get that but this was clear overpricing. Almost $20 AUD for a shot of spirit, then I get charged for the mixer separately as well. Almost the price of a bottle and if I had checked pricing, I would have gone to one of any places close by that had happy hours. Just disappointed that we were, at times, telling whoever it was pouring drinks how to do it, where it was in the cabinet - even going behind the bar! Surely pricing could have reflected that? Anyway, it was Paris and I can get over the huge profit margins at hotels. The biggest disappointment was being charged an extra bottle of wine on check out when I had clearly seen the signing off the bar tab as correct but on actual charges there appeared one extra. Simple mistake? Not really acceptable as I could also simply have not noticed also and done my money. Deliberate? I'm not sure, hope not but it seemed like they knew as we didn't need to specify which bottle was additional, and there were no cross checks with the bar tab to ensure we weren't mistaken. Dunno.
Didn't like being asked for the iPhone charger back that was mine, not theirs. This was while we were getting into the cab and reception staff ran out to ask for it back. A bit embarrassing and didn't end my stay nicely.
Service was great though despite the above and staff couldn't do enough to be helpful.

Room Tip: I wouldn't upgrade, not worth it. My parents had the lead in room type and their room was bigger...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Spadeaspade
Direction_leSix6, Responsable réception at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your comment.

We were very glad to welcome you on your honeymoon!

Our barman was away for a week and the reception was very glad to step in and replace him when needed instead of closing the bar as most properties do. We tried our best to serve the different cocktails that you asked for but some were unknown to us and we preferred that you guided us instead of refusing to serve drinks that we didn’t know.
Concerning the extra bottle of wine that was posted to your bill, this was a honest mistake that we rectified as soon as you told us and we truly apologise for this. We would never do this on purpose as we value our customers and their feedbacks.

Both you and your parents booked and stayed in the same room category. This explains why you did not see much difference between the two rooms.

We thank you for your appreciation of the service that was provided by our staff and we hope that we will be able to welcome you to Hotel Le Six again in the near future.

Best regards,

Morgane

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family booked three rooms for 5 nights in August 2013. The highlights of the stay were 1) the staff friendliness and helpfulness. They are all very well trained and willing to do everything to help you out 2) the location of the hotel (very close to Jardin du Luxembourg, which is a wonderful place to visit) and 3) the comfort of the beds, which rival anything we have ever slept in. My only disappointment is a minor one. Even though we had 3 rooms for 5 nights -- a total of 15 room nights -- we were not offered an upgrade on any of the rooms, nor did we have a welcome basket, similar to what I read from some other reviews. To be fair, we did receive a 15% discount on our rate for booking 4+ nights, and the rates were very reasonable. So maybe that is why we were not eligible for an upgrade. In the end, I was not upset, I am just saying that it would have been nice to have been treated a little special.

I have a suggestion for the management -- the coffee in the room is a nice touch. However, it would be good to have 4 packets of coffee and 4 packets of milk in the room, as opposed to 2. With 2 packets, the coffee is slightly weak, unless you make a half cup.

Thank you all for your gracious help on our trip to Paris.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank William M
Reviewed August 15, 2013

As a family of 5 with 3 teenagers, we needed 2 connecting non-smoking rooms and, of course, free WiFi. Hotel Le Six was able to accommodate us. The rooms were larger than expected for Paris. They had a clean contemporary look with very comfortable beds. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and always greeted when we returned from a busy day. They responded quickly to all of our needs and gave personalized attention. The staff also had excellent dinner recommendations. The location of the hotel is very convenient for walking, or for catching a cab.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul R
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Paris was our dream vacation destination for so long and we truly enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The rooms were great with helpful, polite staff. We got very good service and our stay in hotel was as pleasant as sightseeing in the city.

Food, specially breakfast was very good and we enjoyed it a lot. It's a great place for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mela23J
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Mela23J,

thank you for your fine review. We are delighted that the vacation in your dream destination reached your expectations and are very pleased to have brought our modest contribution in that ;-).

Have a lovely summer season.

Anne Levioux and the hotel team

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a wonderful (if brief) stay in Paris, and the staff at this great hotel made it memorable. I am 5 months pregnant, and travelling with my mom, and my 5 year old. The staff helped us tremendously, and assisted us with retrieving medicines for my mom(she forgot them at home), printing out tickets, troubleshooting an itinerary. No request was too small,and all were met with a smile. Thanks so much to Alex for helping us have such a comfortable stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Pnr13
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Pnr13,

thank you very much for your appreciative review.

We are pleased that you did appreciate our level of service and our assistance. Our goal is to make our guests have a wonderful stay with us and great feedbacks such as yours always please us, on the other hand we also know that we still can improve and are willing too do so.

Have a wonderful summer and a safe pregnancy, we look forward to welcome you back with a new family member soon ;-)

Anne Levioux and the hotel team

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Le Six for two nights for our fourth trip to Paris together. The staff was very hospitable, allowed us to check in early and upgraded us to a suite. The room was very nice with a sitting room and spacious bathroom. The hotel is perfectly located away for walking to the Luxembourg Gardens, Montparnasse, St. Germain and St. Michel, but tucked away from the crowded tourist areas. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scubagirlNYC
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear ScubagirlNYC,

thank you for your lovey review. We are pleased to offer upgrades when available and are pleased to have been able to upgrade you this time.

We like to hear that you enjoyed our "tucked away from the crowded tourist area" location and are pleased to offer a peaceful haven to our guests after a hectic day of visits :-).

We wish you a lovely summer.

Anne Levioux and the team of Le Six