“Stay here - you will love it!”
Review of Hotel Le Six

Hotel Le Six
Ranked #20 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Le Six from July 23-31. It was our first time in Paris, so the choice of hotel was very important to me - I wanted to get it right. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I chose Le Six, and am glad I did. We stayed in a Deluxe room on the 4th floor which faced the courtyard. It was quiet, extraordinarily clean, and a perfect size for us. I won't go into detail about all the wonderful things about this hotel, as many have done so before me - the great location, the comfortable bed and shower, the L'Occitane products, the top-quality food (we had breakfast included with our stay), etc. If you chose this hotel for no other reason - chose it for the customer service. Every employee in this hotel is polite, helpful, attentive and takes pride in what they do. They clearly have passion for their work, and the service they provide is always with a smile. I have never stayed anywhere where the staff works harder - and it shows. It is so rare these days to find such a gem as Hotel Le Six and the amazing staff that work there. To experience this on my first trip to Paris, I feel very grateful. I would especially like to acknowledge Slimane, Angela and the gentleman (whose name I didn't get) that greeted us each morning when we arrived for breakfast - although each one of you were fantastic. Thank you!

1  Thank LorMo
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear LorMo,

thank you very much for this fantastic review. We are very happy that we could make your first trip to Paris a memorable one.

We try to ake our guests feel at home and are happy when our mission is accomplished.

Thank you again for your motivating review....we will continue this way ;-) !

Have a lovely summer,

Anne Levioux and the staff of Hotel le Six

Write a ReviewReviews (1,914)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

this boutique hotel has great service from beginning to end. The greeting was personal and upon departure, they couldn't be nicer. we were there for three nights. It is a modern, clean hotel. The front desk people all spoke english and guided us towards metro, cabs, restaurants, sight seeing and were extremely helpful. The room is typical small for paris but big enough for the two of us. free wifi was great. bathroom was large and very modern. location is good. far walk from saint germain blvd but really close to montparnese blvd. near metro and 30 minute walk to many attractions. breakfast is expensive so we didn't eat there. lots of patisseries close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Jonnyd,

thank you for your review.

We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay at le Six and look forward to welcome you back soon.

About breakfast and you finding it a bit pricey, we are pleased to announce that we do offer a special price for the full buffet breakfast (bookable on our website only) for 17,60 Euros instead of 22 Euros...it's really worth it, since the buffet includes lots of delicacies (from salmon to freshly cut cheeses, organic Moisan Branded pastries, Alain Milliat marmelades, freshly pressed orange juice....).

We wish you a lovely day.

Anne Levioux and the hotel le Six staff

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff are fantastic. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are small but that is to be expected in Paris so it doesn't matter. Breakfast was wonderful but for a 4 star hotel to charge 3 euro extra for a soft boiled instead of hard boiled egg is a bit unfair as the rooms were not cheap. The location was good as long as you don't mind the walk from Montparnasse. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vanessajeffries,

thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you did enjoye your stay with us.

There is a small extra charge for the eggs (except the scrambled eggs that are part of the buffet), because they are not part of the buffet and need to be done à-la-minute and need the full attention of a person; However, we would have been pleased to do a gesture for you.

We wish you a lovely summer.

Anne Levioux and the hotel le Six team

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Le Six is charming hotel in the 6eme. I wouldn't exactly say it is smack in the middle of action. You'd have to walk 10 minutes or so to get to the (main) shopping and restaurants in St. Germain, but it is definitely conveniently located. There are many great spots near the hotel if you know the area, say more north towards Montparnasse, or down rue d'Assas or rue Vavin (though tourists would usually go towards St. Germain.)
The staff is very friendly and helpful, though not always particularly bright; the hotel itself is quite spacious, considering that it is a boutique hotel in Paris. We had the top floor suite, and the rooms were very comfortable with closet space and a huge bathroom! Every evening, we would get little pastries (such as macaroons and financiers) and also Weiss chocolates - what a treat! Another plus was that each guests had 1/2 hour access to their spa room, with shower and relaxation room (in basement), which was very useful if you have an early arrival time or late departure time.
My only complaint was the wifi was not always working, and in this day and age, you cannot not have wifi that doesn't function properly!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cr1557
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear cr1557,

thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor.

We are pleased that you had a lovely time with us and enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as its facilities.

Have a wonderful day.

Anne Levioux and the team of hotel le Six

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Part of me wants to keep this amazing boutique hotel a secret. The last great experience we had five years ago was at the Parc Luxembourg Hotel and now that's a fortune since word got out. This was a perfect, but all too short one night stay at the end of a two week French vacation. This feels like a Kimpton type hotel experience, but in Paris. After the first day the employees greet you by name, ask how your day was, etc. I want to particularly single out Slimant (sp?), who couldn't have been nicer, marking things for us on a map, looking up times museums were open, etc. I love the decor of the intimate, friendly lobby and the rooms. They are perfectly laid out. And after being on a six day luxury bike trip in Provence, where we stayed in three Relais et Chateaux properties, I can say this as a fact. It had a huge jacuzzi tub and a shower (I made sure to use both! and none of the other three had both), double sink, skylights in the bathroom, several places to put luggage, shelves to lay your wallet and change at night, the comfiest slippers and robes, a desk, a bottle of free water, fancy coffee machine, I could go on and on. And this was for a "deluxe king room" I think we paid 260 euros. So I usually try and get the best value for the money but this was worth it for a one night splurge. We love the Luxembourg gardens nearby. We asked for a French bistro restaurant locals went to and they recommended Chez Marcel across the street. It hit the spot after a week of fancy eating at Michelin-starred restaurants. Not the best food I've ever had, but good basic French food and service with a smile. Most of the people there were from the hotel but everyone was friendly (like the couple on one side who had just gotten engaged and the 30-year old girl on the other side of us who was taking her parents to Paris). The hotel has a modern, hip feel which I liked - not old world French. One thing - when we were down south in the fancy hotels one of the girls said she had complained that the sheets were scratchy and it turns out they were linen which some people love. she asked and they changed them immediately for cotton. I was sort of wondering if these at Hotel Six might have been linen as well. They were cool and seemed like great quality but didnt exactly feel like the cotton I am used to. They didn't bother my husband and they weren't really scratchy - not enough to say anything but I slept on my towel (and bring my pillow from
home so you know I am kind of sensitive). The bed was super comfortable and I slept great. I had the 15 euro breakfast in the morning which was amazing. I highly recommend it. We had room 602. I will definitely stay at Hotel Six again. I'm sure Slimant and his delightful colleague Alex have very bright futures in the hospitality industry. If you are looking for old world luxury and typique French attitude do not come here. If you want young, helpful service with a smile in a bright, cheerful ambiance in the 6th arrondissement then Hotel Six is the place for you. (FYI I was really wondering if someone was getting a kickback from Chez Marcel since everyone there almost was from the hotel, everyone seems to have paid the same 90 euro for dinner and it was written about in so many other reviews but when I asked Slimant for some other options he gave
me names of other restaurants I knew were excellent) . Way to go Hotel le Six! so sad to leave!

Dear iblaurajc,

WOW....this is all I can say about your blowing mind review! We are thrilled to be compared to Relais & Chateaux hotels, but do have the humility to not want to compete with them....not at all, we are very... different.

We are happy you enjoyed thoroughly your stay with us and even remember the names of the reception staff: Slimane, Alexey, Angela, Morgane (also our trainees: Anne V, Chloe, Elodie) and my humbel self, we all have the same function and our wish is to make our guests have the most enjoyable stay with us while in Paris.

TIP: 602 is a great room (on of my favorite ones ;-), that was a perfect choice !

We wish you a lovely summer and can't wait to give you new recommendations for restaurants next time you'll stay with us.

Anne Levioux and the hotel team

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We found this hotel to be perfect for our getaway! Located just blocks from one of the main boulevards in Paris, it was quiet and very friendly. We loved the place and will return the next time we are in Paris.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 13Moondance13,

thank you for you nice review.

We are happy that you found the perfect place for your stay and for the next ones as well...

Have a lovely summer,

Anne L. and le Six hotel team.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had never stayed in a boutique hotel before. The experience we received at Hotel Le Six definitely exceeded our expectation. We were always warmly greeted by the friendly and helpful staff, both at the Reception and restaurant. The modern bedroom was tastefully furnished. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The ambient and decor of the hotel were very pleasing. The location was great: a couple of minute walk to the metro station; excellent eateries nearby (they open till late); enjoyable short walk to Parc du Luxembourg on Rue Vavin (supermarket, fruit grocery, ice cream shop, cafe and lovely boutique).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner court are quiter