2,106 results
All reviews chez marcel notre dame des champs luxembourg gardens quiet street different metro lines deluxe room the hotel staff montparnasse area highly recommend hotel front desk staff steam room dinner reservations great boutique minute walk wonderful hotel st germain left bank
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for a week, in a deluxe room, by myself.

Small, as are all Paris hotel rooms, but totally adequate for one traveler.

Wonderful room, terrific bathroom, great shower, quality toiletries.

The hotel (and room) are extremely clean. The staff is excellent, willing to help with any and every need. Location is great, 5 minutes to two Metro stations and 15 minutes to an RER station (Port Royal); that made getting round town very convenient.

I didn't do the breakfast buffet at 22 Euros a pop. There are plenty of wonderful creperies and patisseries around (especially on the way to the Edgar Quinet Metro stop). Neither did I utilize the spa.

A couple of nights, I was awoken by some noises outside (garbage trucks?), though I was on the third floor. If you are a light sleeper, that could be a problem. I never travel anywhere without my ear plugs, so I popped them in and was back in la-la land immediately.

Minibar is nice, though I didn't use it at all. iPod stand/speaker is a good touch. The king bed I had was quite comfortable.

While I had really nothing substantial to complain about, I might consider the St. Germain area next time; lots of the Parisian activity is centered there.

Room tip: As high as you can get.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank skinnspirit
AngelaLeSix, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear skinnspirit,

We are glad to read that you found the room “adequate”, “wonderful” and the bathroom “terrific”. Thank you very much for your compliments concerning our staff, location and details on our equipment.

We are sorry to hear that you were awaken by the garbage trucks. When one is very sensitive one might awake. Nevertheless this is a very quick and essential service. And besides that our rooms are sound-proofed. That is great that you had a swift solution.

We are at your disposal for your next Parisian stay. Therefore, do not hesitate to contact us directly for our best deals.

Kindest regards,

Angela

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Le Six this spring. What stands out about our experience there is the staff were exceptionally friendly and attentive. The concierge were helpful in providing directions and making dinner reservations for us. The main floor areas of the hotel were bright, clean and modern. Our bedroom was nicely decorated and the bathroom had a deep tub and a towel warmer. The morning breakfast offered fresh bread, croissants, fruit, eggs, cheese, meats, yogurt, coffee, team, juice and more. The hotel is located in the Montparnasse (Sixth Arrondissement). There are very cute shops around and the stunning Jardin du Luxembourg and museum (which has a Chagall Exhibit on right now). My husband and I went for a run in the garden, so it is very close to the hotel. There are two metro stops within a 1 minute walk, and it took us about 10-15 minutes maximum to get to major tourist sites like the Musee D'Orsay, Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. The metro is very clean, fast and easy to use. We had a wonderful time in Paris and would highly recommend Hotel Le Six as the place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elena B
client841, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Dear Elena B,

Thank you for your excellent review about hotel Le Six****Paris Rive Gauche.

Best regards,

Angela Pepe & Team

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at Le Six on my last vist to Paris: I was at a conference with my girlfriend.
This little boutique hotel is very conveniently located just few steps behind the Notre-Dame-des-Champs church on Montparneasse Boulevard. You will be close to at least 3 Metro stations and at walking distance to the RER Port Royal station (500 m),
The hotel has a free steam-bath (hammam) and a small. Breakfast is good with freshly squeezed juices and fruit, a small selection of french cheeses and cold cuts, good bread and somewhat improvable croissants (not the best in Paris). Internet is free in the hotel, but with your email client on laptop you will be only able to receive emails but not send them. You need to use webmail to send. Or pay the "premium" connection, which is cheap (8 euros for 3 days: but then, why not offer all complimentary?).
Rooms are not so big (as often in Parsi) but the deluxe room was large enough and with a nice decor and amenities: wooden floor (and NOT any dusty carpet), fresh cotton linens, Occitane toiletries, bathrobe and slippers.
My best Paris retreat so far, with a decent value for money!

Room tip: I had a 6th floor room with a little balcony. The highest floor room are quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear dharmamaster61,

Thank you very much for your review. We are flattered that your stay at Le Six Hotel was your “best Paris retreat so far”.

As you list we try and provide with a number of services to our guests. The free wireless connection is one of them. And it is complimentary either to send or receive e-mails. The paying version is for very high debit connection. Front desk staff would have been glad to show how to use it if you had asked.

Next time do not hesitate to contact us. For your future reservations, feel free to call or email us.

Yours sincerely,

Angela and the whole team

Reviewed March 19, 2013

When we visit Paris again we will look no further that Hotel Le Six. The location is ideal for getting around Paris as it is near to local metro stations (with a direct line to Gare du Nord). The staff were great and the room ideal for a few nights. The bathroom was small and would benefit from not feeling quite like a cupboard in the corner of the room. We ate breakfast outside the hotel at a fraction of the price - there are plenty of options within near walking distance.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank CDB404
AngelaLeSix, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear CDB404,

Thanks for your kind review.

Indeed Hotel Le Six is in a great location specially if you are getting to Paris by Gare du Nord.

We are really glad that you will "look no further". Therefore, for your next Parisian stays, contact us directly for our best deals.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards from the whole team.

Angela

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a great smallish hotel in a good location in the 6th arrondisement, close to Montparnasse.

The rooms are fairly sized for Paris, and very well done in modern, simple decor. the bathrooms are finished very nicely, and everything works great. The bed and linens were great as well. Continental breakfast was good, and comparable to other 4 star hotels in the area.

The staff and service could not have been any better. This is what sets the hotel at another level from its competitors; from the general manager to the concierge, there was a spirit of service and generosity that went above and beyond.

Though the location is very good in terms of being close to Luxembourg Gardens and St. Germain, it is not as close to the Seine as some other options. if being close to the Seine is important to you, you may want to look elsewhere.

This is a great hotel, and a good value. I will not hesitate to return.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank fishskis

Dear fishskis,

Thank you very much for praising every single detail from our property.

Besides that, we appreciate your comments on our staff. Fortunately we have got a great team who tries hard to do its best in all aspects.

Once you will not hesitate to return, please, contact us directly for the best deal.

Kindest regards,

Angela and the whole team.