2,073 results
All reviews chez marcel notre dame des champs luxembourg gardens quiet street different metro lines deluxe room montparnasse area the hotel staff steam room front desk staff great boutique dinner reservations st germain left bank wonderful hotel hotel is located restaurant recommendations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights for New Year's Eve. I would bet you could find somewhere else for the same value for less price (we paid $300+ euro per night).

Cons:

Breakfast is pretty average for 22 euros per person. No restaurant. No sauna or pool. We asked if we could swap for a bath instead if shower in the same size room and was advised that would be $100 euro extra per night. Both Bar and Reception are served by the same person. Table and chairs in lounge are uncomfortably close together. Room was actually quite small with the king size bed.

Pros:

Location is great, very close to tube/metro stops and restaurants etc. Although ground staff generally very nice, it felt very forced and not genuine. Quiet room. Awesome bed. Good map of city provided. They booked a restaurant and liaised in French for us over email before we arrived.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sourmush
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your comments they are very important for us.

We are sorry that you did not find the hotel a very good value as we are wellknown for that. The New year period is very busy but we keep our prices very reasonnable compared to some of our colleagues, we do currently have special offers on our own website only.
You did mention that there was no sauna and we are happy to let you know that we do have a steambath, I'm sorry that you had not been informed about that (maybe the website you booked through did not mention that, our own website provides more details and information (hotel-le-six).
We deplore that when the day you asked for a room with a tub (unfortunately not on the day of your arrival) we didn't have anymore room available in the same room category this is why there was a price difference for the room change, should you have asked on your arrival day , we may have had a bit more flexibility and would have been pleased to offer you to change rooms.

About the fact that the Bar and the Reception were served by the same person, I'm sorry about that but our Barman has 2 days off per week and on thos days the Reception is taking over the bar. There are constantly two persons at the reception so this is no problem normally, I'm sorry that at the time you went to the Bar one of the two was on a lunch break.

All in all, we are happy to see that you did have a pleasant stay with us at the hotel le Six and wish you a lovely day and would be pleased

Anne Ludmann-Levioux

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We decided to go to hotel le six because if its location and recommendation from our travel agent. well - it is located betwen the lux gardens and st. germain to montparnasse so you enjoy both areas completely. the nice boutiques and cafes of st germain and nightlife of montoarnasse. The staff is very friendly and helpful -I mean every member of staff..the hotel is nicely decorated with modern style, very nice (but small) classic rooms, and good breakfast. good value for a good 4 star hotel in Paris

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Eran72
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your comments. We are always happy when we can please our guests and make them enjoy their stay.

Anne Ludmann-Levioux

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The best thing you can say about any hotel is that you wish your stay had been longer - that's very true for me. I was only in Paris for one night but I would happily have stayed longer at this lovely hotel and will definitely go back again. The location and all the amenities are exactly as described on the website; the service was friendly, welcoming and helpful. Best of all, I got the best night's sleep I've had in ages thanks to the supremely comfortable bed. The hotel arranged reservations for dinner for us (which was excellent) and anything else we needed, they arranged. I had a standard room, which was a good size (especially for Paris). The bathroom, in particular, was great - beautiful shower and, again, roomy. Overall: comfortable, luxurious without being stuffy, friendly and charming. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank redwinter
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Le Six for 5 nights in December 2012. My husband had a business trip that coincided with our anniversary, so the trip included business meetings as well as personal vacation time. After much research, we settled on Hotel Le Six and were very pleased with our decision.

The staff was fantastic! They were very responsive via email prior to our visit. Once we were there, they were extremely friendly, spoke excellent English, and were always ready to help with directions, restaurant recommendations, or anything else we needed. They even called for reservations or taxis as needed for us.

The location of the hotel was excellent. It is on a quieter side street, but very close to many restaurants, cafes, and shops. There are also 4 metro stations within easy walking distance - Vavin, Notre Dame de Champs, Montparnasse-Beinvenue, and Edgar Quinet. Port Royal, an RER station, is also within a 10 minute walk.

Finally, the accommodations were also very nice. The hotel was extremely clean and well-kept. Our room was large by Paris standards and easily fit a king size bed and a desk with some room to spare. The bed was very comfortable. There was a closet/armoire, a coffee/espresso machine provided, and a hair dryer provided. The bathroom was a bit small, but very modern and nice. The breakfast area, "lounge," and bar were also excellent. In fact, my husband conducted a business meeting with two other gentlemen in the hotel lounge area.

Overall, we were extremely satisfied with our stay at the Hotel Le Six and will most definitely stay there again if/when we travel to Paris in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa W

Dear Lisa W,

thank you for your review, I can tell you that me and the team are very proud everytime we do get a top satisfaction review.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon at the hotel le Six.

Anne and the hotel team

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for two nights with my mum and we were both very impressed. The trip was a birthday present for my mum so I had booked a deluxe room which was spacious, modern and very comfortable. I had asked for twin beds when I booked the room but at check in, the reception told us we had been allocated a double bed. I asked them to change the room and they did, although it took about an hour longer for us to be able to use the room (this wasn't really a problem as we went out and had lunch). The room itself was really great, very modern with flat screen TV, large, modern bathroom (with a great shower) and pelntiful Molton Brown toiletries. The only tiny drawback to the room was that the sliding bathroom door stuck a few times after housekeeping had come in and couldn't be closed.The first time this happend we called the front desk and someone came up with a screwdriver (!) to unstick it. The second time it happened we were able to unstick it ourselves. This is a minor annoyance though, the hotel should make the housekeeping staff aware of this issue, it must happen a lot! Staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and recommended a few restaurants in the area. I think the area is a really great one to stay in in Paris - tonnes of metro stops close by, many nice places to eat (including tonnes of creperies), boutique shops a short walk away etc. The hotel is expensive but I would definitely recommened it and would love to stay again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family