“Budget Holiday”

Ranked #1,248 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Budget Holiday”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend with my husband and 20 year old daughter. I had never been to Paris before and never been to an Ibis Hotel. My main point was I wanted a clean room and I got it. The room was spotless, as was the bed linen. We had a double bed with a bunk bed over this. I was slightly worried that we would have too much travelling into Paris city centre but this was not the case,The metro was five minutes walk away. One tip for anyone travelling back to hotel late at night come out of the metro and when you see the Avia garage (think this is the correct name) take the road walking to the right as it is better lit, walk right to the top and turn left, the hotel is just there.The metro takes less than ten minutes to arrive at Champs Elysees. Some of the reviews I read before heading off on holiday said that the staff at the hotel were rude. This was not the case when we visited. One morning we had breakfast in the hotel and it was ok for the money. We preferred Pret a Manger just off Champs Elysees, past Iranair, where we got a delicious coffee and breakfast at a very reasonable rate. Also anyone travelling to Eurodisney as we did, it is very easy to get to. Take the metro two stops to Nation and then get Train A straight to eurodisney. The train to Eurodisney cost 7 euros each and we were surprised to find that this was a return ticket. The metros also are very reasonable 1.70 euros no matter how far you are going.The Tower lights up on the hour and is amazing to see.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anne J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very dissapointed with the level of service from the receptionists, verging on rude.
Hotel is located quite close to a metro station and isn't far to the center of Paris. Rooms were clean but the toilet felt like you were in an airplane toilet. If driving, the car park is a few minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Seren28
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was first trip to paris with Family , Major agenda was disneyland and quick stop at Eiffel . Hence the location was chosen based on that . Very good connectivity to the metro stop Saint mande on M1 from porte maillot , 5 min walk from Saint mande . Room was small * could have been bit more spacious . Reception was ok ! no fancy . Breakfast was good . Major plus for us was there is a indian restuarant (Mumtaz) just opposite to the hotel . After day long walk in the city it was great to have a sumptous indian spicy food .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anitha S
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many Ibis hotels and this one doesn't disappoint.

When travelling around Europe I find this brand provides exactly what I need for a reasonable fee with no fuss.

Ok the rooms are sparse an basic - I know what I'm getting though which means a lot to me.

The TV in the room has around 60 stations (only 1 in English). I had a built in shower unit as in all ibis budget properties and a small lavatory 'cupboard'

1 small point, I booked a twin for myself and my travelling buddy and we were presented with a family room. We could have questioned this but honestly, I didn't feel the need. I took the bunk which by the way was very comfortable and my buddy had the double.

The room did not have air-con. At around 40 euros a night between two! I did not expect air con..

I imagine it may however get a little cold in there though... As we could not find any heating either.... One point to remember if you book during winter.

Breakfast:

Perfectly adequate. A small clean breakfast room offering the usual Ibis self service. There is a choice of breads, croissants, cereal, yoghurts. Tea/Coffee and fruit juices.

I have to say it was better in Ibis Budget Berlin AlexanderPlatz. There were no meats here in Paris, no fresh fruit and only one cheese in a small packet.

Breakfast is €5.95
I think this is an absolute bargain for what you get.

Coffee is very strong, make sure you have at least half a cup of hot milk with the coffee!!

Overall:

The hotel is clean, fresh and comfortable. Metro line 1 takes you 5 minutes from the door (Saint Mande) and I felt that I was quite safe walking around the area after dark.

It is a little way out of the centre. The journey on the Metro is around 10-15 minutes.

We couldn't find the local supermarket but I believe there is one. We found this a general difficulty in Paris to be honest so it was nothing new. Who knows where the Parisians get their shopping from... Perhaps they need to learn from us and have a Tesco Metro on every street corner :-p

I will definitely be staying again, and recommend that everyone opens there eyes and stops being snobbish about the Ibis budget brand. The money that we have saved on booking this hotel over something of much higher cost has meant that we could do so much more during the day.

9/10

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Samlad31
Bkk
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

At 36 euros by far the cheapest we could find in Paris. Room basic but ok. Comfortable. Reception super friendly. Could easily print out our boarding cards. Far from Paris centre, but metro handy and excellent connections. Only 1.70 euro to go anywhere in Paris.
Super shuttle pick up point.
General area near hotel not the best, but we only slept there any way.

• Stayed August 2013
Dunakeszi, Hungary
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We've just visited this hotel as couple, and we were overall satisfied.
We stayed there for a week.
It was clean, not noisy, the staff was kind and helpful, and it is close to the metro (Saint-Mande). As this station is on line 1, you can get in 20 minutes to the downton and take off at Louvre or
at Champs-Elysées, for example.
We came to see the concert of Mylene Farmer and to explore the city,
so it was a convenient place to stay at, not too far away from the Bercy stadium.
There are also a few cafés, a bakery and a supermarket (Franprix) nearby.
We were able to use WI-FI.
I'd visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: The 5th floor was quite all right.