“Good location, nice and cheap!”

Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Vincennes
Ranked #1,217 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good location, nice and cheap!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

So i just went last weekend, we were 3 friends so we took the triple room.
The room is great, i mean small of course but enough space for the 3 of us, on top of that who goes to paris to spend the day in the room right? Even the W.C. wich is like plastic and the shower with neon lights on , we loved them!
So the room is nice bt what i liked the best was the location. 5 minutes away from the hotel you got the Sante Mande station wich is part of the metro line numbre one, so its the main one and that one takes you everywhere, but even if you need to change lines its reeaallly easy. We traveled all around paris since we only had 3 days to get to know it i can say according to the price, for three of us , this hotel was the best choice.
We also took the breakfast included, wich consists in bread and cereal, but well its easy cause you save looking for a place to eat in the mornings.
However at night we would buy things to eat and drink, so theres a boulangerie 3 minutes away and they do good sandwiches, if not to the other side but also 4 minutes away you got a little mall with mc donalds, subway, and a carrefour wich its really hellpfull if you want to get stuf to drink, i advise you to do a little apero before going out, i mean if you want to go to any bar or something, since everything is really expensive in paris. We would buy at Carrefour bottles of wine like 2 euros each one and like that when you go out at night you spend less money at the bar or nite club or whatever you want.
So before getting there i planned everything trought internet, i also saw the way to get form the airport, CDG Charles de gaulle, till the hotel; it seemed really esay since there is a metro station at the airport, what the never said, even in the official metro site, its that that station is closed sonce june and it will be still closed until december 2O11.
So just be careful about that, if you get to the CDG airoport, and you have lots os luggage, like we did, its way easier to take a taxi or at least one of the buses that takes you to central paris and then you change to the metro, but however with big suitcases i dont recommend it, lots of stairs and walklines.
So coming out of the metro line numbre one Saint mande, direction Chateau de Vincennes you just get out at your right youll see the boulangerie i mentiones before, and a cellphone store so you just walk straight in the same direction you came out of the metro and in the first conrner to your right all till the end, youll see an indian restaurant and then immediately the etap hotel.
Dont follow the picture thats here cause thats not it. Its a grey wall with a blue flag that says etap hotel.
Everything was fine i just have one complain and its about the housekeeping ladies, last evening we were really tires so we took a nap the evening and we hanged the 'do not disturb' sign on the door, and even so the lady came and opne the door, woke us up, we told her we didnt wanted anything and still she came twice more opening the door and screaming if we wanted towels or something. Eventhough we had explained her already, 3 times, in french, that we wanted to sleep.
For the transport back to the hotel, we asked in the reception if he could call a cab but he said he couldnt, but thats not big trouble cause just next to the metro station theres taxis, so we just talk with one of them and the morning after he came pick us up.
We payed for the taxi back to the CDG airport 45 euros plus one euro per suitcase.
So if you are going to paris on a low budgget, either with friends or in couple, this is the prefect choise.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Diem87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

The room is very small. The location is good. We went to meto in 5 mins by walk. There is no telephone in the room. We have to go down front desk to ask service. it's not convenience. there is microwaves in public area

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ekibrush
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is easily the best Etap hotel I've stayed. I have stayed in Etap hotels in Amsterdam , Essen, Raeren and a few more but this surpasses all of them.
Firstly the hotel is brandnew. Don't let yourself get fooled by the picture on top of this review , the one with the old building. That's not the hotel itself. I actually thought when I looked at reviews ( to see if this hotel did get any good reviews before I booked ) this was the hotel , but it's not. The hotel itself is in a brandnew 10 story building( or something like that , I haven't actually counted the stories , but it looks like 10 stories or something ...correct me if I'm wrong).
Finding the hotel is very easy when you use a GPS. I had no trouble at all. It is located right next to the Boulevard Pérepherique. That means if you'd like to sleep with a window open you will need a good pair of earplugs ( but you always need to take a good pair anyway when staying in a hotel ! ).
When I arrived and checked in I was kindly greeted by two staff members. I was accidently checked in to a smoking room ( on the second floor ) , but when I asked for another room it was no problem and they seemed more than happy to kindly help me out. AAA++ here for the kind help.
The room itself was totally new and clean. Sure it was the typical Etap style room with the plastic bathroom . But if that doesn't bother you ( and I'm sure if it does you would never stay at Etap anyway ) I can tell it was spotless clean and , again , totally brandnew.
The room style was the renewed Etap style. New colours ( nice soft green ) and , better, some great lights in the room. One type of lights gives a very soft tint , ideal for waking up in the morning.
I have stayed in a lot of Ibis hotels recently and I can say the renewed Etap style gives Ibis a good run for their money. I was looking at Ibis in Paris , but they are double in price and I'm sure the rooms are not that much better.
The area seems to be quite good. But I'm not an expert on what are the good or bad areas in Paris. I didn't feel unsafe walking up the Metro though. There are a few officebuildings right next to the hotel.
The hotel has a underground parking , called Atlas Parking. It's in the next block , a 2 minute walk. They charge 8 Euro's for parking and I strongly suggest using it. Parking at sidestreets in Paris is a nightmare anyway , and why putting your car at risk during day and night ?
You open the garage doors with a keycard the hotel provides. Other than that the garage is locked. The entrance to the garage ( when you want to pick up the car by foot) ) is a little funny to find. If you head to the parking garage make a left turn , go past the Renault garage and it is right there.
I haven't used the breakfast .
Internet worked flawless but you can't make internet calls. It really is free of charge and you can use it for 6 hours .
Taxi can be find right next to the metro station , if you need one.
I wasn't there as a tourist so I don't know how far the place is from all the attractions.
There's someone on guard 24 / 7. They open the door for you . The door's are locked for safety. Good thing !
The best thing of all is the price. I paid 70 Euro's , incl.one night parking . Can't beat that in Paris !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank ekibrush
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Etap Hotel Paris in Porte de Vincennes for a week long event in August 2011. Here are my highlights:

Pros
- Affordable
- Very clean
- Only 5 minute walking distance from the metro station
- Grocery store and restaurants nearby
- Helpful staff who speak good English
- Continental breakfast (although limited; included coffee, water, orange juice, milk, breads, cereal, yoghurt, assorted jams)
- Rooms had decent wi-fi connection (complementary), but do not allow internet phone calls
- Within 5 minute walking distance from a flea market

Cons
- No laundry or any laundromats nearby (at least the staff didn't know of any)
- Limited amenities (no hair dryer, ironing board, ice machines)
- A/C was not working (it was the same with two other colleagues' rooms)
- One female front desk staff member seemed constantly annoyed with customers and spoke little English (Her favorite phrase was "I don't know")

Overall, I thought the hotel was decent and I would stay there again if on a budget.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side can be quite noisy since the hotel faces a highway.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank kikamei
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

the hotel is very nice and clean, especially if you don't want the noise and disturbance of central areas, it is very close to metro station and in the surroundings you can find several services for a "non turistic price", like market and bistros.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tuchola, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We are just leaving this Etap hotel so the review is still hot. If You've ever stayed in any other Etap hotel - You will be not surprised - it looks very similar (plastic toilet room, plastic shower "box") and it's clean. We spend here 5 nights and we have only good thoughts about the service and accommodation itself. The receptionists are speaking English - maybe not fluently but enough.

The hotel is located near to metro station (Sante-Mande on line 1, around 4-5 minutes of walk by quiet neighborhood) so there's really no problem also to get to Nation station (bigger transfer station with possibility to change train to Rer A - f.e. to Disneyland), not far away You can find also Carrefour supermarket with Mc Donald's - if You become hungry or thirsty (I suppose it's open until 10p.m.).

If You will come to Paris between 7/Aug'11 and 25/Sep'11 please be prepared that line 1 of Paris metro will be closed for service - the other closest metro station is line 9 near higher mentioned Carrefour (Porte de Montreuil).

If You need cheaper Paris transportation ticket look in Internet for Mobilis (1 day only, unlimited rides - without airports, price depending on zones) or Paris Visite card (1, 3, 5 days, unlimited rides with airports, price depending on zones) and for sightseeing - Paris Museum pass (2/4/6 days). All these passes gives You more flexibility in Paris - You don't have to stay in lines to buy all the tickets separatelly.

If You travel by car be prepared for a 8Euro/day charge for parking lot (it's underground parking located maybe 100 meters from hotel, under Renault dealer's shop) but be careful - You will get a magnetic parking card that is valid as they want - not as You want (take a look at card's expiration date when You get it - if You paid for more nights before taking Your car back from parking You will need to go to reception desk and ask for new card with new expiration date). On the street near hotel there are empty parking spots but the charge is 1.2Euro/hour (between 9a.m. & 7p.m.) - except of weekends that are free of parking charge but in parking machne You cannot pay by cash - only by card.

Ahh - the Wi-Fi connection to Internet is available (by Orange) and You need to give Your data (name, e-mail address) on landing page to use Internet in this Etap hotel for free of course (P2P, Skype are blocked).

Room Tip: Check online - on Etap website You can get good deals (we got 15 Euro off the regular price)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple