“Great quality.. but cheapest appetizer is 75 Euros.”
Review of Le Gabriel

Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Madeleine
Neighborhood: Madeleine
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great quality restaurant and service. The only negative: The prices are unreal (and this was for regular al la carte regular seating etc)...I eat in many expensive michelin starred restaurants but this is THE MOST EXPENSIVE... for example. the least expensive APPETIZER is 75 euro and all the others where $100 plus EURO's. I know its Paris. The bill for dinner for 2 was almost $700 Euro for a 3 course meal (yes we had some wine but choose a few glasses of lesser to average priced wines on the menu). Recommended for a 5 star rating if price is a non-issue. If one considers value and price of other similar quality restaurants, I need to move it down to a 4. If you are on a budget, I would suggest avoiding... there are other special occasion restaurants in Paris that would be 30-40% less. Later in the same trip, in Milan, I ate at a couple of Michelin 2 star restaurants that I like better for 1/2 the price (including one that was 9 courses of Chef's Table in the kitchen).

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (617)

Reviewed August 24, 2019

For our Anniversary, my wife and I chose Le Gabriel based on the rave reviews for the place. And what a great choice! We experienced a magical evening, which combined divine food, beautiful and elegant setting, and top notch service which was both friendly and welcoming, as well as utmost professional. This was the best restaurant meal we've ever had, and the highlight of our trip to Paris. We especially enjoyed the artichoke, the lamb, and the lemon curd mousse. We would like to thank Max, Antoine and all staff members for making this a romantic celebration to cherish for many years to come!

1  Thank Gal3333
HotelLaReserveParis, Director of the restaurant at Le Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our restaurant Le Gabriel.
We are extremely pleased that your experience at Le Gabriel has left you with such a feeling.
Our 2 Michelin Stars Chef, Jerome Banctel, and our restaurant team are delighted to read your feedback on your overall experience with us.
Regarding the decoration, La réserve Paris was designed by the famous interior designer, Jacques Garcia, and focuses on a Napoléon III era style.
We thank you for this comment and hope welcoming you again soon in our restaurant Le Gabriel.

Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

We loved the experience, we had the tasting menu to give our selves the pleasure of trying everything, service and wine pairing was impeccable, flawless and smoothly beautiful, the amuse Bouche was tasty , the crab was nice but not mind blowing, the artichoke ( their signature dish) was out of this world, my wife doesn’t even like artichokes and she enjoyed it so much
The 3 main courses :
The lobster
The mackerel
And the pigeon were unique, tasty and it gave you the feeling that you want say life is really good

Our only problem was with the desserts which we did not enjoy at all, and in such a restaurant mistakes are not acceptable, everything has to be top notch .. maybe it’s a matter of taste but we did not enjoy our desserts at all, maybe the the head patissiere was off on his annual holiday or something

The bill was 1064 euros , the experience has to be jaw dropping, actually it was, but got a bit ruined at the end ..

Date of visit: August 2019
HotelLaReserveParis, F&B Manager at Le Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our restaurant Le Gabriel.
The team and myself are delighted to hear that you have greatly enjoyed our Chef’s Jerome Banctel cuisine and our service.
On the other hand, I am disappointed that your experience did not end well with the dessert.
We continueously strive to offer the best possible service quality and gastronomical experience and I apologize that, in the end, it was not the case.
Please do not hesitate to contact me so we can further discuss of your evening with us and try to understand what happened.
I remain at your entire disposal to answer any further questions.

Nicolas Digard
F&B Manager
Hôtel La Réserve Paris
(+33) 1.58.36.60.57
ndigard@lareserve-paris.com

Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

Two of us had an outstanding lunch. We had the 90 € menu, and one of asking that it be solely seafood. They assented very agreeably. Everything, with the exception of dessert, was flawless and exceptional
My companion thought the first course of crab was the best crab he'd ever eaten. The accomplishments did not overwhelm the delicacy of the crab. The artichoke hearts had some unfamiliar flavors and wonderful drops of vinegar gelee. Main dishes of cod and pigeon were superb. The dessert was a perfectly made souffle with apricots and an apricot sorbet on top. To me, it just didn't work. We were delighted to have such an outstanding meal in August. As one reviewer said earlier, give them their 3rd * already. Service, table linens, and above all food were ***. What a pleasure!

Date of visit: August 2019
HotelLaReserveParis, Directeur du restaurant Le Gabriel at Le Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We wish to thank you for sharing your experience in our gastronomic restaurant, Le Gabriel, with us.

We are extremely pleased to read that your experience with us was outstanding for both of you and that our Chef’s, Jerome Banctel, cuisine has satisfied you.

The whole team and myself wish to thank you for your comment.

We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back at Le Gabriel.

Reviewed August 9, 2019

Le Gabriel is in the very top tier of restaurants not only in Paris, not only in France, not only in Europe but globally. This is an establishment firing on all cylinders and then some. The room is a gorgeous jewel box, refined, yet alluring; the staff are beyond compare, every move, interaction, encounter is one to cherish, and the food? I had the vegan tasting menu with a wine pairing - each course was a dream of beauty and gastronomy brilliance. Yes, it really is that good.
Le Gabriel is without doubt the best dining experience I've had this year and one of the top ten best meals I've ever experienced.

Date of visit: May 2019

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our restaurant, Le Gabriel.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your gastronomic experience at Le Gabriel.

The room was designed and decorated by the famous interior designer, Jacques Garcia, and aimed to reproduce the Napoleon 3rd era interior style to put forward the history of the building.

Our restaurant team and the Chef, Jerome Banctel, all strive to offer the best possible gastronomic experience to our guests whether it be through the service or the elaborate dishes, and we are thrilled that every aspect of your experience have satisfied you.

The whole team and myself wish to thank you sincerely for your comment.

We hope welcoming you back in our restaurant, Le Gabriel, soon.