“Delicious!!”

Order Online
Ranked #1,632 of 21,059 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Bonne-Nouvelle
Description: Kapunka is an authentic cuisine, forward basics : traditional, healthy dishes, tasty, fragrant and gluten free !
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed with this restaurant. I ordered the vegan Pad Thai and it was super flavourful and filling. The service was also very friendly and efficient - something you're not necessarily guaranteed to get in France. So this was a bonus!! I've been traveling around France for quite a few months now and I can tell you that there isn't a huge variety of ethnic food, unless you're in a big city, and even then it's not the greatest. Any type of Asian food is always super flavourful, but it's obvious that they dull down the spices to better suite the French palate. I think I'm spoiled with amazing variety back home in Canada :-) So I can tell you with full confidence that this place is worth trying!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 9, 2018

Absolutely delicious yellow chicken curry! Not too huge, but appropriate for a dinner serving. My husband doesn't like curry and got the chicken kebab and rice - he said it was delicious too! Does get a bit crowded, but on a weeknight we showed up around 7:30 and were instantly seated. Very reasonable, average price. The service wasn't anything to write home about, but it was fine.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We arrived early as we heard this was a busy place. It worked. We were one of the first people seated and had a lovely Pad Thai. The food was fresh and flavorful. Great service and prices fair. Highly recommend this small restaurant for big flavors.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 21, 2017

David from Brooklyn recommended going to Redd and also to the Thai place across the street from it, which I guess is this place. Mostly locals, and very good Thai food--had some Tom Yum soup, papaya salad, and some pad thai. Tasty, and friendly staff.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

I loved this restaurant during my stay in Paris. My husband and I ate here 3 times during the week. I have celiac disease, and they serve an entirely gluten free menu. No fussing with questions and cross contamination risks. Just choose what you'd like, and enjoy! The food is really delicious! Super friendly staff in a nice part of the city. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2017