“Good, but beware with your belongs”
Review of Pavillon Nation

Pavillon Nation
Ranked #407 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel in a double room in the mid December/13. The room was ok, big double bed, warm, toilet was tiny small but ok.

My only complain is that in the day that we arrived, after the check-in we let our luggage in the room, and went out to met the city. We got back late at night, and for my surprise somebody from the staff had opened by luggage, and broked the lock on it.

Nothing was missing, but it seems that they wanted to robery me. Luckly I do not keep passports and money in the bags and carry it with me all times. I do not known what they were looking for, but my laptop was in the bag also.

I told this to the manager, but I think he didn't pay any attention to what I've said, because he said he was going to check it in the cctv, but i did not hear anything from him untill I was gone.

In summary, I have no complains about the room, but if you are staying in here beware with your belongs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pavillon Nation

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed from the 19th till the 22nd of December. We had brought a holiday with Eurostar and paid for executive room. When booking I emailed the hotel asking for a nice room as first time in paris. The room was okay. Bed was made and everything was clean. Just a few minor things like our fridge wasn't cold, neither of our bedside lights worked. The room key is a normal key so remember to lock yourself in and out. One day we got back and the cleaner had left it unlocked!! We had a nice stay and was near Nation station so was easy to get anywhere! Monoprix across the street where we brought a few breakfast bits - very cheap.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank diane r
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Tiny rooms and microscopic bathrooms
May be one of the least charming parts of Paris
Close to metro but hey! Everything is close to metros in Paris so what great is there about this?

Breakfast is SAME every single day... Yes baguette and cheese are glorious in Paris but everysingle day? No eggs? Come on people! Same yougurts? Same croissant and pain chocolat? Phew! I have the same breakfast everyday at home so I want something special when i travel

A small surprise is the gym in the basement. Cool

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The location is perfect. Metro and RER staion just 5 Minutes away. Right in front of the Hotel there is a Supermarket with farmacy. There are some restaurants near that could safe you from starving after a whole day walking in paris, when you just wanna eat something near you and go to bed. There is a good thai rest. 10 minutes away. The room looked nice and modern. My room was always clean.. the carpet just had a weird smell but you notice it just when you get into the room. The personal was in general nice, just one employee was weird. Beds were confortable. We would stay there again..

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place is creepy.

My room was directly next to reception, so the thin door meant that I heard EVERYTHING going on.

The noise from the metro line underneath the hotel bleeds through every few minutes.

The pillows were disgusting, covered in yellow stains without any covers - god knows what the mattress looked like.

The carpet was foul, some filthy brown long thread wool situation which you don't want to stand on bare footed.

The TV didn't work, the free wifi was good.

The staff were AWFUL; rude, snotty, inept and totally overwhelmed.

My bathroom was ok, apart from the hairs everywhere. It would have been useful if the shower worked.

If you choose to stay here, please remember that the door to your room is just a standard door you'd have in your home. you have to lock yourself in and out every time you choose to go out.

Above all else this place is a rip off, I was stunned when I found out they were expecting to get €125 a night for this hotel. €30 would be too much for this dive.

And then €4.50 for a tiny bottle of water which costs about 15 cents over the road at the Monoprix?

I was meant to stay for three nights, I managed to stick around for 1.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hjpkt
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The service was very good!
The staff was very friendly and helpfull.
The rooms were large, modern. There was everything we needed and
the hotel was well located near metro, underground parkings and restaurants!
Breakfast was very tastefull and there was a very good fitness room!
It was a very good place for a weekend in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel is situated in a good location, close to Nation Metro and RER. Lots of local bars and restaurants to choose from.

We stayed in room 206 which is located on the corner of the 2nd floor. As soon as we opened the door, it immediately hit the bed. There is just enough space to squeeze in with your luggage. Very annoying!

Bathroom has a tiny shower. Shower pipe was leaking. Lights above shower are not safe (they are standard room lights).

We asked to change room but were told that there was nothing available.

We had family staying on the 1st floor which absolutely smelt vile as soon as you exited the lift.

Staff looked like they didn't want to be there.

We had to hand back keys and collect them on our return every time we were popping out. They would ask you for your room number. There were no security checks, so basically, we could take the keys to somebody else's room without staff knowing that we are actually staying in that room. Storage room where they hold luggage has no lock on it and no tags to say who's luggage is who's. Again, somebody could take somebody else's luggage and there are no questions asked. Big concern as we had cameras and laptops in our room whilst we popped out to dinner.

There is a Monaprix (supermarket) across the road where you can buy cheaper drinks/snacks than the mini bar. They charge 4,50 (euro) for a 500ml bottle of water. You can buy a 1 litre bottle of Evian for 0,73 (euro) instead.

Room Tip: Do not stay in an x06 room (e.g. 206). These are corner rooms and ridiculously small.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple