“When in Rome do like the Romans, ave maria, gee it's good pizza.”
Review of Pizza Vesuvio

Pizza Vesuvio
Ranked #4,240 of 18,348 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It smells like pizza from the outside, or at least like a wood fired oven, which is a good sign. For a moment the inside had me in New York with Billy Joel and other American pop songs on the stereo, but then you speak English, get a blank stare and you're back in Paris.

The Pizza was good, a nice slightly charred crust, decent toppings. So was the Linguine Florentine, a nice bunch of mussels on garlicky Linguine. The only *doh* on my part was the chocolate mousse. I should have known better, but figured, this is Paris. The mousse was more pudding than a Julia Child - Raw Egg - Chocolate extravaganza, but since this is Pizza, my bad.

The Service didn't really scale, the waiter was *very* nice and rushed around the entire time, but as the crowd grew, you could see the for service growing as well. Since we were not in a rush, no big deal, and the waiter was never idle, so it's not as if he was being rude and when I signaled for the check or anything he hopped to it. If you are vacationing and have time, this is not a big deal.

An enjoyable meal, and a good break from heavier/meatier Parisian fare.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am sorry to see reviews for two different branches of this small chain combined under one heading. The venue on Rue Goslin is a gem. It is our no-brainer choice for an easy Sunday or rainy night, for an evening after returning to Paris by train. Teddy is, indeed, a waiter head and shoulders above others. The pizzas are standout, the pastas hearty and the formula a great value. In hot weather, the veal carpaccio with lemon, olive oil and parmesan is perfect; in winter, dive into a plate of three different hearty pastas. Tiramisu is good, as is chocolate mousse or creme brulee. Coffee is terrific.

This place teems with tourists from all countries but is also the Sunday night dinner out for familiar old faces from the neighborhood.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a great place to get pizza: brick oven-cooked and delicious (forget the pastas: nothing special!!). If you're looking for a noisy but fun place, this is the right one.

1  Thank MatiasSDC
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We visitied Vesuvio for some authentic brick oven, made to order pizza's. The pizza's are thin crusted and soft centered. If you're craving for good pizza in the heart of Saint Germain, give Vesuvio a try. Average cost of pizza was around $14 Euros.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

After taking 10 minutes to take our order we saw other tables that arrived after us receive complimentary bread and also a polite smile, where as me and my girlfriend felt shunted into a corner and left to suffer. After the tables which arrived after ourselves received their main courses we finally were remembered and the waiter slammed the bread basket down with a blank expression on his face. When my main course arrived ( pizza with ham) was placed on the table I started to dig in believing that my partners food would arrive shortly after (some sort of pasta parcels) but it did not for a good 5-10 minutes and when it did it was warm and was very similar to pasta that you could cook yourself from a supermarket. After eating the soggy pizza and luke warm mushy excuse for pasta we decided to ask for the check and leave expecting to be accompanied by a polite goodbye and thank you for coming... This was not the case no goodbye no smile nothing just the sound of the dilapidated door closing behind us. Never again.