“Aeroplane food”
Review of 58 Tour Eiffel

58 Tour Eiffel
Reserve with
58 Tour Eiffel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #447 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: At lunch, chic picnic around a fast food served at the counter and inspired. Make your own Dejeuner the table and take in a basket. At dinner, the most brewery to Paris. A hostess welcomes you and accompany you to your table, ultra contemporary decor and a card that plays the classic chic, served at the table ... And a breathtaking view.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We booked to have Sunday lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel and after a promising start, it all came down to earth with a bump..!!

We were a party of 4 and prebooked our lunch back in the UK. We received our tickets for the lift at the kiosk at the bottom of the tower and were fast-tracked to the lift and soon found ourselves on the first floor about 30mins early for our booking. The restaurant manager booked us in and said that he would make sure that we had a table at the window. He recommended that we go to the bar for a drink and he would phone through to advise when the table was ready. Wow...so far so good.

We went over to the bar and sat and had a lovely glass of wine and soon the barman advised that our table was ready back at the restaurant.

As promised, we had the perfect table right by the window with a fantastic view of Paris.

We had booked the 3 course lunch menu, which came with a drink. Our order was taken straight away and soon we were presented with our drinks. All going so well........

Then the "food" arrived.....!!

The waiter turned up with a carrier bag full of boxes. Initially we thought he had brought some bread until he started handing out the plastic boxes. One for starter, one for main course and one for dessert. And that was it......it was like having a meal on a long haul flight..!

The food was tasteless, my main course of chicken and mash potato was like eating baby food. From taking our seats to leaving was about 20 mins.....so disappointed after such a promising start. The restaurant could have made it so much better but they seem to play on the fact that the pull of eating on the Eiffel Tower is greater and they will always get the custom.

2  Thank nrees69
Write a ReviewReviews (7,652)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I though having lunch at the tour Eiffel was going to be an outstanding experience but, at least in this place, it was not great. great The food seemed to be ready to serve and came in a tupperware as it had been heated in the microwave.
The service was friendly though.

1  Thank Sofiaaaa99
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to Paris with my children and of course we wanted to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I’ve been to Paris before where I didn’t go inside the tower because of the queue. I tried to pre-book our visit to the tower a month before but there were no available tours which is why I booked 58 Tour Eiffel. We went for lunch at the 1st sitting 11.30 and had a great experience. Everything went smooth, no queue, a great view and really nice service. The food was ok and we didn’t leave the table hungry. We took the stairs to the second floor and bought tickets to go to the top. The sun was shining and the view was great. It was a magical experience and it felt very exotic to eat lunch in the Eiffel Tower!

3  Thank Trine B
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I cannot describe how happy I was to be able to warm up and have lunch after an extremely cold wait to the top of the Eiffel Tower! The lunch was good, though a but unusual that all food arrived at the same time - they try for an industrial feel, it seems. However, what was delivered of food tasted good. Service was on a slow side, but it was ok for us. Surprisingly, price was not higher then in any other cafe in the area, though the dinner menus are double the price. I liked the design and how the construction of the tower was incorporated into the interior.

1  Thank EvelynesWorld
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went for a dinner last Friday via a local tour, I was expecting the food to be pretty bad based on previous reviews. May be I didnt have any expectation, the food was surprisingly tasty. Since we joined a local tour, we didnt get to choose the menu as it was all pre-set by the travel agents. We had three courses, a meaty pate, chicken and chocolate dessert. They taste better than average Bristish restaurant and the service of the waiter was pretty decent. I have to admit it is very pricy for the quality of food that was provided, but I guess you pay for the view and the environment. I will recommend this restaurants to couples who wants celelbrate very special occasions at the tower. Otherwise, stick to the Birtro around the Eiffel tower such as Le fountain de mars, even though this restaurant has the same price tag, but you get to taste proper local french cuisine.