“nice food, good decor”

Neighborhood: Montmartre
Hampshire, UK
“nice food, good decor”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

restaurant is done in an art deco style, and done very well, the food was excellent, and the staff very friendly and very good at their job, Food was delivered very quickly, great place to go before seeing Moulin Rouge as its only a 2 minute walk away.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montezuma, ks
“Ultimate seafood platter”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wepler was the Paris dining experience I always wanted to have. White tablecloths, traditional table-side service, and a beautiful atmosphere. I have been to coastal cities around the world and Wepler had the freshest oysters and seafood I have EVER had. That by itself surprised me.
Given the fact that I plan my travels based on what restaurants I want to try, I found Wepler in a Trip Advisor Forum and made a point to try it. I ordered the Wepler platter for one and was blown away at the size and quality. It should have been my meal, but I made the mistake of ordering the Wepler Classic Duck Confit.
When I say mistake, I mean the most delicious mistake I have ever made. I would travel back to Paris to go to Wepler, eat the Duck Confit, get on a plane and go back home. I cannot quantify just how delicious and savory the Duck Confit was. Throw away every experience you have ever had with duck. This is nothing like any Duck I have ever had. Just order it.
Some reviews have complained about the wait staff and that they were rude. But keep this in mind. This place is jam packed and busy all the time. The waiters work their butts off all night. If they are short with you, it's because they are busy. The waiter that served us didn't fall all over us all night, but he was attentive. The best word to describe the service is "professional".
Make sure to make reservations, you will be happy you did.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MontezumaSocialClub
Paris, France
“Great seafood”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A place for those who like oysters.

The seafood platters are great and the atmosphere, especially later or during the afternoon at weekends in very Parisian.

“A nice dinner ruined by a horrible waiter...”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I decided to have a quick bite here before to going to the Moulin Rouge, but at the end we were so upset that we decided to go back to the hotel instead.
Initially we were actually pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere of the place which, I have to say, went beyond our expectations and also the waiter who took our first order was very nice (I can't remember his name but I am pretty sure he is Italian).
Then JEROME (this is the name on the receipt, so I assume is the name of the waiter) came along and he ruined our dinner! Beware of this guy!
Not that he spit on our plates or anything, but he purposely decided to be the most unhelpful waiter in the resturant: not only did he not give us any help in better understanding the plates on the menu, but he also made a special effort to maintaining an uptight and pretentious attitude all evening long which culminated in him throwing the check on the table without even saying a word when we paid and left.
I was aware of the steretypical French rudeness but this guy really went all the way!
I don't want to comment too much on the quality of the food because I am obviously biased by this whole experience, but it is certain that the micro steack and the pave rumstek with tagliatelle noodles that we ordered were not to die for and also the onion soup was average.

3 Thank piare
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wonderful atmosphere in a great location. All food was lovely and staff- although extremely busy- were very good.