“The best pig feet galette”
Review of Vin sur Vin - CLOSED

Vin sur Vin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of my favorite restaurant in Paris. I always order the pig feet galette....addictive. I love how the owner discibes the dishes and the wine......such passion. Never had a bad meal.
The decor is fun...I play with the dry lentils sprinckled on the table. Excellent food and excellent wine, I always let the owner choose my wine ...and he never goes overboard with the price.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The owners are solicitous, helpful, enthusiastic, and yet knew when to leave us alone to enjoy our quiet conversation. The menu was fresh and unique. The food so flavorful - Sea urchin with a delicate foam that was briny without being too salty; loin of rabbit that was fresh and rich and surrounded by seasonal root vegetables. My husband's scallops, followed by lamb were also excellent. The wine was superb, as was the pink champagne and the desert wine. The decor is a bit odd - like your grandmother's living room filled with collectibles, kittens and glass fish and the like. But somehow, that lack of pretentiousness makes Vin sur Vin and its owners even more endearing!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Small restaurant that makes you feel at home.

The owners are very "sympa". The way he described each dish was just mouth-watering and made your choice difficult!

Few dishes? yes but the ones we tried were just so tasty and well presented.
We had the cepes (mushrooms), tourteau (crab) for appetizers. The ris de veau (sweetbread) and wild duck as main dish. All with fine taste
The Souffle au grand marnier was just exceptional, probably the best we had.

The wine list? let's not even go there! The choice is unbelievable, if you don't know what to choose just let them decide for you. The owner will explain how the wine will taste.

To the person who was surprised that the ladies' menu had no price on it please know that in very good restaurants it is the case. I also don't go to a restaurant expecting them to have music on! Actually, in a place like this I sure do not wish to hear anything. And yes unlike in the US where restaurants are open all day it is not the case in Europe. They want to offer a good service.

BTW when you go to a star Michelin restaurant you know that you are going to pay lots of money!!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Way too expensive for what you eat and for the service and atmosphere.
The place is really too silent. You can hear people chew.
The owners Are bizzarre.
Be prepared to spend a lot of unjustified money

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This super expensive single Michelin Star was the only one we could get a reservation for. All of my food tasted the same, EXACTLY the same. But this place is known for its wine selection, and the Maiter'd (sp) picked an amazing wine for us.
We skipped dessert and gave them $368 for our super salty dinner and pricey wine. If you're looking for Michelin stars based on food, not on the list, if you love salty bland food, or have the $$ to throw around, its fancy, kind of. But completely silent. that was weird too, no music, and quiet staff.

1  Thank KeepinItReallyReal