“Good for a light lunch near Montorgueil”
Review of Aux 3 elephants

Aux 3 elephants
Ranked #4,063 of 20,917 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bonne-Nouvelle
Description: Authentic Thaï cuisine located in the central area of Paris (Les Halles / Montorgueil). Specialities from the north east region of Thaïlande (Isan). LTBG friendly.
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Always busy, on a Tiquetonne (quiet street off Montorgueil) great base for Tom Yam for chicken, prawn or fish (my favourite) - definitely the place to go for that, masses of fresh herbs not very spicy relative to London but I’m sure they could add. Curries are very heavy on the coconut milk for our taste but definitely fresh and well made, so we struggled to find a main course. All the minced everything were very dry. The grilled chicken thigh was about the best. Starters €10 and mains €12.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed August 29, 2017

I went there with my daughter who lives in the area and wanted me to discover this restaurant she likes. This average is for the overall experience, because I was expecting that. So, please, read the complete review to see what I mean by a three star.
We had time and wanted to take some time to share together.
The food was good, the prices are OK for Les Halles but if you want to benefit from a good time in a restaurant, go your own way. We order pre-dinner drinks and indicate that we wanted the food after we finished our glasses. The food came straight away. As soon as your plate is finished, the second course comes...
The terrace is literally on the street, we had a garbage truck doing its duty during dinner and it was brushing past the chairs, without taking about the noise...
As a summary, if you are looking for a quick lunch or dinner (before a screening for example), this is perfect. If you want to have some time and take your time, you will find plenty of others restaurants in the very touristic surrounding.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

My Daughter and I visited my cousin for 10 days and she lives right above this restaurant! As we are from Singapore, this restaurant was a bliss. We almost ate there every second day as we missed Asian food. Every dish was so tasty.....we could never get enough of their fried rice. Highly recommend this place if you like Thai/ Asian cuisine.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Normally I dont often like food from a country like thailand in other countries, but this one was different the food was great good choices and aurhentic taste. Well if you wanted to eat something other then french food, try this one its really good.... Enjoy

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

We went without booking and because we were early were able to get a table. It filled up fast afterwards. The menu was extensive and had the Thai dishes in French and English to make ordering easier. The starters arrived very speedily and the main courses not too long afterwards. We all enjoyed our eclectic choices. The beers and wines were also good. The dessert caused the biggest surprise when the Beignet de Banane was flambé with our table thinking the large flames very funny. It was actually tasty too once I'd blown out the flames.
All in all a good choice.

Date of visit: January 2017