“A good way to ruin all your meals for the rest of your life”

Pur' - Jean-Francois Rouquette
Reserve with
Pur' - Jean-Francois Rouquette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 17,424 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: The one Michelin-starred restaurant Pur' - Jean-Francois Rouquette is located in the heart of one of the finest luxury hotels in Paris, Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome. The American architect Ed Tuttle has created for the restaurant a contemporary Parisian boudoir with an open kitchen. Jean-Francois Rouquette embodies a creative cuisine inspired by his travel diaries and the nostalgic accounts of his personal encounters. Be tempted by some of his signature dishes: the Chanterelle mushrooms fricassee or the crispy Sweetbread, not to mention the inevitable Wagyu Gunma Beef from Japan. You will conclude on sweet treats by Jimmy Mornet, a subtle balance between innovation and refinement. Jean-Francois Rouquette and the restaurant manager Cyril Bruneau are looking forward to ensure you an exceptional moment.
Los Angeles, California
“A good way to ruin all your meals for the rest of your life”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Food will never be the same once you've had a taste of something so pure from Pur'. All the other reviewers are spot on about the flavors and presentation of their food. Just magnificent! I won't go into specifics since a lot of reviewers did justice with the details of their meals, so I'll just mention a few things that come to mind when I recall our dinner a few months ago in September.

-Made an online reservation that the hostess could not find. Had to show her my phone and confirmation before we were given a table. Kind of a pain, but warranted since it seems like we took the only table left in the restaurant. MAKE RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE!

-Really professional staff. There's a water-waiter, wine-waiter, restroom-escorter, napkin-replacer, and a couple of other positions of which I'm sure have official names. You pretty much get waited on hand and foot. Even the Server has his own assistants since his job is ONLY to take your order and announce your meal. Every person's food is presented at the same time by an individual server, and was brought out by the food-carrier who's only job is to carry the food. It's quite a show when your food comes out by a force of four servers. Did I mention it was only my husband and I?

-Women's menu don't have prices. Standard of French dining, I suppose.

-Dinner takes more than 3 hours. Close to 4. But so fun and worth it!

-Pre-fixe menu is required by entire table if one person wants it. EVERYONE should want it!

-Dress to impress!

My husband walked out with a bill shy of $500 US dollars but it was definitely an experience we won't forget. That included aperitifs, bottle of wine, pre-fixe menu (about 8 courses?), dessert, and a memorable night.Totally worth it!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kal N
Pur P, Directeur général at Pur' - Jean-Francois Rouquette, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Kal N,

First of all I would like to thank you for such a positive review. I shared it with the entire team and they were all very pleased to read you enjoyed your Pur' experience. It is a daily challenge to make our guests happy, and I am very proud we succeeded in providing such a souvenir of your stay in Paris.
With best regards
Guillaume RANVIER, Director of Food & Beverage at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
“Perfect Dinner @ Pur'”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I live in Paris and I oftenly go to the Park Hyatt Vendôme for a tea break or a drink at night, as I find this hotel is probably one of the most pleasant place I know in Paris, a true haven of peace.

I finally had the opportunity to have a dinner at Pur', the Michelin-starred restarant, run by Jean-François Rouquette.
As I'm not an expert into gastronomic review, I won't try to write an exhaustive review of every dish.
All I can say is everything was perfect for this dinner :
- the food itself of course, which was excellent from the very first hors d'oeuvre until the end.
- Quantity for each dish were nicely dosed, which is very important for a 7-course menu
- Service, highly professionnal and attentive and still friendly
- Setting : the rotunda gives space and intimacy to each table, which is perfect for a romantic dinner
- Atmosphere and lighting, which I find extremely pleasant just like the whole hotel

I definitely recommend this restaurant if you want to have a wonderful dinner for a special occasion.

• Visited September 2012
Dear Mathieu75008,

It is a real honor to read your feedback about your experience at Pur' Restaurant. Firstly, I am very happy you highlighted the 3 pillars we rely on to consolidate our reputation:
Excellent food experience, nice atmosphere and attentive-friendly service.It is critical for us to make a complete experience for our guests. Also, a big thank you for recommending our restaurant like you did. I am extremely happy you enjoyed your dinner with us.

With best regards,
Guillaume RANVIER, Director of food & Beverage at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Getting pampered but not 100%”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff at the restaurant Pur make sure you feel pampered throughout the evening. Service is at a high level, the restaurant looks very nice and has a good atmosphere. The open kitchen is a delight to look at. However, we were less satisfied with the food. Maybe this was due to the high expectations we had (Gault Millau), but not all dishes lived up to this. Also not in comparison with a Michelin star restaurant in our village which charges slightly less than restaurant Pur'.
One dish had flavours which did not match, other dishes were a bit bland in taste, with the main dish and its predecessor being the absolute top of the menu (delightful!). The wine pairings were not succesful throughout the menu (although the wines in itself were good - excellent). With hindsight I would have ordered a nice bottle of wine. Paris in itself is probably overpriced, but I did not get a 400€ worth experience of the evening.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank travellerfromholland
DC, Beirut
“Fantastic. One of the best in Paris”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Loved it. Amazing Service and Food. From the time you walk in until you leave you are attended to in a way very few restaurants do. Cannot say enough good things. Simply wonderful innovative delicious food. Just fantastic. One of the best places I have ever been.

Lancaster PA
“Tremendous”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had dinner at the restaurant on property, Pur, and it was among the finest dining experiences we've ever had. We dined on a Sunday night and the staff was positively superb. The food was also to die for. We opted for the six-course with wine pairings and it was incredible. The attention to detail was phenomenal. Don't overlool this restaurant even though there are so many choices in Paris. Have a drink in the lounge before dinner. Service is perfect in there as well, and the ambiance is ideal. Then, enjoy a spectacular experience at PUR. We loved it and if was the best meal and experience we had in Paris

Visited November 2012