“Traditional French restaurant”

Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
London, United Kingdom
“Traditional French restaurant”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked for a busy Saturday night meal for 2. Very good service (spoke perfect English) and excellent table by the window. We had the beef and lamb, both very tasty. Good atmosphere, cosy and relaxed, with both tourists and French eating there. Would definitely recommend trying.

• Visited February 2013

Prato, Italy
“fabtastic cozy and authentic parisian restaurant”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

really delicious dishes. The magret du canard was perfect and the potatoes perfectly cooked. Also the beef bourguignonne was spectacular. Very recommended

Visited January 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Reliable authentic bistrot on a quiet 5th rue”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We like to go to Restaurant Perraudin with the family for Sunday lunch. This one's in the shadow of the Pantheon, on a cosy street in the 5th. We like the crusty bread rolls, the lamb, the duck, the "raviole" and the service "chaleureaux".

• Visited January 2013
London
“More misses than hits”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had high hopes of this restaurant having read the reviews on this site and looked through the windows at an attractive and warm interior. Unfortunately, we found the set menu at 33.50 a very disappointing experience. There was a good start with a friendly welcome and a choice of tables. Most of the diners were French which is always a good sign. However, our starters came too quickly, were straight from the fridge and were overwhelmingly large. My chevre and salmon had no taste at all and was edged off the plate by elderly lettuce drowned in oil. My husband's dish of Lyon sausage was "nasty" and accompanied by a huge mound of undercooked potatoes. Our hearts sank but rose again slightly at the sight and taste of boeuf bourguignon and more potatoes for him but my plate of dry duck and greasy roasted potatoes again with the tasteless oily lettuce was the stuff of nighmares. I tried one of the bread rolls but these had cooled and I feared for my fillings. This time the food was very hot from what I suspected was a microwave. The puddings were an average tarte aux pommes with ice cream and a nondescript creme brulee. The high spot was the wine. We chose a 50cl pichet of Bordeaux and it was lovely. We decided to go without coffee and asked for the bill which was a shade under 82 Euros. We hurriedly left the notes and went whilst trying not to resent the fact that we had paid £69 for this poorly presented, badly conceived meal. We did resent it though as we had wasted our time and our money.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Darcygirl9
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Terrible racist resto!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

It was our most terrible experience in Paris. Due to some of interesting review from Trip, we planned to visited Perraudin for lunch. We came on Saturday 29/12/12 with our family. It seem pretty busy restaurant with some table left.

We came and waited to be served at the front door, and one of waiters came approach us, and we responded that we need table for 5. And with perfect English he told us that "no table for you." We just wondering with his response. So we wait for a while, because the practice at any restaurant in this planet, if no table, the waiters will ask whether we would like to wait to get the right table. And minutes away, another server came and asked how many of us, then we said 5. He pointed some empty table and seems try to fix table. Then the first waiters came back with very rude, scolded us "no table for you" and "we don't have table for 5".

My kids were terribly so socks, then we left.

My teen kids asked me, "why we don't get the proper service dad? Is that because we are ASIAN tourist? Is that kind of FRENCH restaurant hospitality? Is that because we are came with CHILDREN and we are ASIAN?. My toddler kids, asked me, "Where we gonna eat Dad?"

My wife responded with anger, "We going to eat at McDonald son, Because McDonald will serve us better than Perraudin".

I have no clue why they refuse to serve us? I guess it is such a restaurant run by racist.

• Visited December 2012