“Dinning for a Special Time”
Review of Maxim's

Maxim's
Ranked #1,622 of 17,873 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: A historically ranked landmark, the Maxim's restaurant has become a symbolic place of Art Nouveau, French Gastronomy and also the most imperative meeting place for numerous international celebrities.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

As always has been, we was received by Marc-Henri, and he already knows who we are. I just want to let you know that my first time in Maxims was in 1985, when it was one of the most hard-to-find reservations. I had to make it since 3 months in ahead. As you guess, everything has changed, inclusive prices has dropped.
Since Maxims changed owners, it becomes a different kind of restaurant.
Prices are average for a good restaurant, this week we dinner in 7 different restaurants and almost every one has the same prices.
For our surprise they has in the menu a "TURBOT" fish, if not the most delicious fish int earth, is one of them. We have payed for this fish a higher price in America, than in Maxims.
In a few words you should include one dinner at Maxims in your visit to Paris.
The only thing that we missed, as is has been since they change owner, is the crowded room and the serving at same time for all the tables.

4  Thank MXTRAVELERS
Marc-Henri C, Responsable relations publiques at Maxim's, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had booked our wedding anniversary dinner at Maxim's four months in advance, and were told that they would be giving us a special dessert in celebration of it. Not only did they remember to do so, but they gave us the best table in the room and announced to everyone that was there that night that it was our anniversary as they played Mendelssohn's Wedding March as they brought out an unbelievable delicious pear and chocolate confection with silver sparklers spouting from the top! Afterwards, we were invited to dance by the stage while the singer sang 'As Time Goes By' to us, one of our most favorite songs. Maxim's did everything to ensure that our anniversary was the most special night of our trip to Paris, from the excellent waitstaff, the delicious food, and the gorgeous Belle Epoque environment of the beautifully appointed dining room. We were transfixed. We will most certainly be coming back to Maxim's!

5  Thank TLAckerman

Reviewed November 5, 2013

After many years of planning we finally had a wedding anniversary dinner at Maxim's, and it was everything we expected, and more. To say it was a trip back in time was an understatement, but it was all the better for it. From our wonderful table we were able to fully enjoy the live music. Food, wines, music, service... all superb. Well done Maxim's, for NOT changing with the times.

3  Thank Viktor D

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We celebrated a birthday chez Maxim and were immediately transported to a more gentile and elegant time and place. M. Marc Henri warmly welcomed us at our table, from which we had a full view of this historic and time-honored restaurant. Service was thoughtful, professional and courteous, without being obsequious, and the food was to our high expectations. The setting of la belle epoque decorations and murals, the sonorous sounds of the chanteuse singing "La Vie En Rose," the couples twirling on the dance floor and the wine dancing in my head all added to a night of magic - as if being swept into a movie like "Gigi" or "Midnight in Paris." To top it off, the special mille-feuille birthday cake, complete with sparklers and fresh raspberries, was one of the most delicious and memorable desserts we have ever had (and I love desserts). Yes, the prices are high, but life is short, and an evening as enchanting as one at Maxim's is simply priceless. Go. Savor. And dance on your way home.

4  Thank jim8338

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were on our honeymoon in Paris the last two weeks, and we had planned for a long time for our last night to include dinner at Maxim's. It was a wonderful evening. The live music set a very romantic mood, and the food was delicious. The service was the best we experienced in Paris during our two week stay. Part of the mystic is created just by allowing one's thoughts to dwell on how Maxim's must have been like in decades past. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the prices seem unreasonably high. I would expect the to be higher than most other Paris restaurants, but not as high as they are. Also, we had told them when making reservations that this would be the highlight dinner of our honeymoon, so I would have expected a little recognition of this (special dessert or something). Still...we wouldn't have missed the experience!