“Delicious food in lovely setting”
Review of Maceo

Maceo
Reserve with
Maceo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #894 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was here for a dinner given by our conference host. Everything was exellent, i particularly enjoyed the pumpkin soup with chestnuts. Recommend highly.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

You cannot go wrong at Maceo! If you enjoy well made and well presented food without the shee sheeness this is the place. The patrons are a mix of well heeled locals to business groups celebrating a contract signing, to couples enjoying a night out in elegant large room(s) with top notch service delivered in a proper yet relaxed manner. They made us feel special right away. They brought us an amuse bouche when we settled in, which wasn't expected and then we decided on our menu options. We both had the salmon tartar to stat and then I had the most delicious lamb with infused truffle oil polenta and ample truffle shavings on top of the polenta/sweet potato puree and my wife had succulent veal cheeks on a bed of lentils in a very tasty broth. The wine list is well suited to the meals and you can find wines you know or ask the sommelier who can direct you to a new experience...which is what we did. Prices are in line with other fine restaurants but not as expensive as Tour D'argent, Vefour and so on...those are a little out there. I believe here you get the same delicious meals in a better atmosphere. I would definitely go back the next time I am there. One thing we did notice, this is for the owner of the restaurant...you do need to touch up the windows and walls in the back room like you have done in the front. It would make a big difference.

1  Thank SavvyTraveler738
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant is, even by Parisian standards, over-priced. The food is delicious, the service is excellent, the tables are quite far apart, and the wine list impressive. It is however very pricey. That said, if you want to have a romantic dinner a deux in Paris, this is worth a visit. Just make sure your credit card has enough funds!

1  Thank Megahose
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been frequenting Macéo for several years - through a chef or two. And must say that the new chef, Takahashi, is genius.
Our meal was remarkable from start to finish. We are returning with friends on Saturday. I can hardly wait!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My daughter and I really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was quite good and the prices in line with those in Paris. The restaurant is spacious and the tables were not too close as is often the case in the big cities. All of the food was quite enjoyable but the dessert was very memorable--a mango "tarte" that was most unusual.