“Wonderful, unpretentious little place with first-class food.”
Review of Les Papilles

Les Papilles
Ranked #76 of 18,008 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Les Papilles was recommended to us by a friend and it did not disappoint. There is a three-course tasting menu each night and the food is absolutely first class at an incredibly reasonable price. They also have an extensive wine selection. All of it combines with the incredibly warm ambiance to create a memorable evening. Don't miss out on this. It was our favorite meal in Paris.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,932)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Tiny tables make for a "cosy" experience but had a fabulous meal. Celery soup served from a tureen over bacon, croutons, creme fraiche and herbs. Slow cooked pork with beans , tomato and snow peas with a basil sauce served n a dish for two. Hungry yet? Blue cheese with prune in red wine served on a slate plate. Chocolate pannacotta with crunched speculas topping.
Absolutely perfect meal and amazing value for 31 euros. If you enjoy your food don't miss this Paris experience but book well ahead.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great place! Can't say enough. Amazing meal with an even better bottle of wine. Great english speaking staff. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have had some really excellent dishes here, especially their cream-based soups, which are out of this world. I'd say I've had two out of my top 4 soups, here, the others being a Bayless recipe and the soup at Din Tai Fung. The soup is nearly worth the price of admission by itself.

I've had more variable experiences with the main course meats, which is why I'm only rating at very good instead of excellent, but they were still very good.

Desserts are outstanding, as were the wines. We've found the staff to be friendly and spot on in their wine recommendations.

All in all, I would never hesitate to go here, even though the menu is fixed and you don't get a choice of what to eat - I have confidence that it will always be good. Do make a reservation well in advance, and then enjoy!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was the best 4 course meal I've ever had and I'm not saying that lightly. We were just blown away by the flavours and tastes in all the courses. I've been dreaming about that meal ever since we have come home.....