“Best meal in Paris”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed March 23, 2013

On the second evening of our trip my daughter her friend (who is in culinary school in Paris) and I had a fabulous dinner here. The staff was very warm and hospitable. Everything from the soup (leek), duck, cheese course and dessert was sooooooo good. We enjoyed so much my daughter took her boyfriend for lunch so he could experience. Definitely would highly recommend and would go back in a heart beat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,998)

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

So we liked this restaurant a lot. Five forks and a good glass of wine. But rather than adding to the love fest here, a few observations you might like to know before you arrive.

Early means EARLY. We arrived at what we thought was an all too early 7:30, the restaurant was nearly full. Next seating wasn't until after 9:30.

It's crowded, with tables packed tightly together. Expect to know your neighbors by the end of the evening.

You'll hear more American voices than French ones, though there are plenty of both.

Still we loved it, and the owner and the staff were all wonderful. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our favourite dinner during our week-long stay in Paris. We had a very warm greeting and the decor was nice. The restaurant is not very big, so I recommend making reservations. The food was delicious and is served family style. It is a set menu that changes every day. You pick your own wine, but the owner made a great recommendation for us. Very enjoyable evening out for us! Would definitely go back!

1  Thank Lktravellers
Reviewed March 16, 2013

When we arrived we had not known that there are not menu options...one soup, one appetizer, one entree and one dessert. When I was told by our friendly server that the entree was a beef dish I panicked(I do not eat red meat). I politely told her I could not dine as I did not eat beef and she asked me to wait a moment. She brought out the chef who told me he happened to have some fish on hand and asked if that would be to my liking. I was thrileld. The velvety leek soup came out and after the first taste I was thrilled I had stayed. Entree was delicious and the chocolate mousse was delectable. The wine that was recommended was also fantastic. One of our best meals in Paris!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My partner and I went here on my birthday during our trip to Paris, there is no menu, you are told when you sit down what you will be eating. It was four courses: couliflour soup with bits of bacon, chicken and penne pasta with pesto, blue cheese with prunes and then clementine panna cotta. You choose the wine you would like from the wine that is displayed around the restaurant. The food really was excellent, very sophisticated and we took the wine that was recommended to us which was also very good.

The place is very busy which creates a great atmosphere and of course, you will need to book.