“The Best Bistro in Paris????”
Review of Bistrotters

Bistrotters
Ranked #68 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We own a charming and authentic bistro from 1900 and we simply offer fresh products from "le marche" that our Chef Erwan le Gahinet puts together to create very tasty French cuisine. French and world cuisine because we litterally are globe trotters of bistros. We travel for food and we bring back authentic flavours from around the globe. We do everything to make you feel at home and very welcome in our restaurant. Only one saying guides us : the pleasure to please! We are opened everyday for lunch and dinner. See you soon at BISTROTTERS!
Toronto
“The Best Bistro in Paris????”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

They bill themselves as a 1900’s bistro & that describes the restaurant very well. A friend had told me that they are considered a Michelin Star candidate, so I booked a table with a colleague during a business trip. The service was affable as opposed to the invisible efficiency that one expects from the haute restaurants. Not to say that it was lacking, however. The food was a visual delight & the tastes were wonderful. I started with the vegetable tart & I had the ‘oh so tender’ pork belly as a main. Great presentation on all dishes. It was all very, very good but the sauces - in particular - were the real stars here. Truly exquisite.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, UK
“The pain perdu – Such a ‘When Harry met Sally’ experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

The food and service were faultless as it was when I visited last year with a friend. On this occasion I tried the vegetable tart for starters; such a delicious cacophony of colours and flavours and one that should be tried even by the diehard carnivores. I tried to prise myself away from the belly pork but I couldn’t – perfectly seasoned, crispy, sticky, slightly sweet skin with succulent meat underneath that literally falls apart. It was served with mixed seasonal vegetables.

When it came to the dessert, I needed no menu and no advice. I literally swallowed my first two courses like a boa constrictor, just so I could get to the dessert quickly. The pain perdu again is the best dessert I have tasted in my entire life. At the first bite, IN MY HEAD, I whooped, I hollered, I screamed. . It was such a ‘When Harry met Sally’ moment. In my head, I did the Lambada dance all around the tables. I was literally dreaming about that dessert for a year. I really can’t fault this place. I know for a fact that when Bistrotters gets a Michelin star and it will, it will be impossible to get a table. I also know that if they ever move more central like St Germain, prices will double. So get here fast, nothing lasts forever. Believe the hype. They absolutely deserve to be at the top of the league tables. Surprisingly on both occasions that I went for lunch, there were more French people there than tourists as I heard them talking to Francois in French as well as each other. Maybe tourists tend to dine in the evening.

As I left, I told Francois that I will see him next year and I will.

P.S To avoid disappointment, you must book via their website, you get an email immediately and a reminder 72-48 hours before your visit, click the confirmation button when you receive it and you’re good to go. If you do not confirm, you may lose your booking. It is around the corner from Plaisance metro, so no need to get stuck in traffic by taking a taxi. By the way, the area is just up the road from Montparnasse. It is utterly safe for walking around at any time of the night. Enjoy !

• Visited August 2014
St Paul, MN
“If you are lucky you will get the right waiter.”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Can't fault the food. It was very good, but pricey. Some people had the waiter (the owner I think) that was attentive and friendly. We did not. The restaurant was so hot (not even a fan) that we left before we finished. I thought I would pass out. It was our wedding anniversary, so was hoping for a better experience.

• Visited July 2014
London
“Out of this world”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This place is amazing in every way. The bistro is exactly what you would imagine a classic French bistro to be, small and intimate but in no way cramped. Francois and his staff were very welcoming and helped with perfect wine selections. And the food, well what can I say... By far the best meal we have ever had, so good we came back few days later! If you are in Paris then you have to visit this gem, I am certainly planning a return visit!

Visited August 2014
Juan-les-Pins, France
“Best meal I had in Paris so far”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

It's located in a quite area , not close to touristic places or city center but It surely worth it to go all the way there.
Food presentation is beautiful, service is young hardworking and nice, food is amazing and so tasty and fresh. Let me tell you... You can't be disappointed there.
I recommend the lamb...it was so well cooked that it felt like ice scream melting in my mouth. So hard to find good quality meat nowadays. This is the place to go!
Best quality/price as well! Please don't change that!

• Visited June 2014