“Really good experience”

Ranked #77 of 17,871 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We own a charming and authentic bistro from 1900 and we simply offer fresh products from "le marche" that our Chef Erwan le Gahinet puts together to create very tasty French cuisine. French and world cuisine because we litterally are globe trotters of bistros. We travel for food and we bring back authentic flavours from around the globe. We do everything to make you feel at home and very welcome in our restaurant. Only one saying guides us : the pleasure to please! We are opened everyday for lunch and dinner. See you soon at BISTROTTERS!
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Nice little restaurant in a residential area away from the crowds in the tourist districts. The menu is small but made with quality ingredients. My starter was superb, my wife's less so. The food is exquisitely presented, almost like art and tastes great. Our mains were mixed, my lamb was cold and under done and wife's steak a bit burned for well done. Desserts were on another level and can't be faulted. The 2 guys who work there are excellent, really friendly and welcoming.

If you're going with kids, there's not much on the menu they would eat and the restaurant don't cater for kids - just a point of information if you intend to take kids with you.

Not the best meal I've ever had, but had a great time, I would return and recommend. Most of the diners were all fellow Tripadvisors, but we had good chats - Lol!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to Bistrotters; almost exactly a year since the last, and it's still a great, laid back experience. The food is fantastic and Francois is just a really nice guy who is very attentive to your needs whilst in his restaurant. A lot of people comment on the casualness of the place, but personally I love it! One tip, get the pain perdu of brioche for dessert. Don't even bother looking at the other options. Seriously.

Thanks Francois for another great meal! We will be back in December!

1  Thank njbandtmb
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We ate here on a Friday night and it was well worth the effort we went to in order to get the table booked.

The food was delicious, the staff were friendly and helpful. The wine list was excellent and the staff were really knowledgeable on all the wines we asked about. We started with the foie gras which was sublime and the tasting wine which went with it, our waiter talked us through the notes in the wine and why it had been selected. The mains and desserts were equally sublime and I would not hesitate to recommend this to any foodie, we'll also be back next time we're in Paris. The chef hit all the key points that evening and the front of house were relaxed, courteous and knowledgeable.

The evening wasn't cheap, but it was worth every Euro.

1  Thank Hendrix_BM
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had dinner here on July 25 and had a great experience. It is a small restaurant with a very helpful staff - they assisted us with the menu and the wine selection for what we were eating. I had the Fois Gras, Pork Belly and Peach crumble; my wife had a soup to start with the Lamb and the decadent Brioche for dessert. My experience was incredible and my wife's not as much as her lamb was a little rare for her which allowed me to eat some of it which I thought was great. My wife's dessert was one of the best she has ever had. We actually thought about going here again at the end of our trip but decided to try another restaurant. Overall, I highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I think this place is riding off its ridiculously high Trip Advisor rating: there were no French people in the restaurant - it was all tourists! It is a cute restaurant, but the food is sub-standard. The dishes had limited flavour and we weren´t cleaning our plates.

Don´t trek down to Montparnasse for this tourist trap. Really, don´t.

3  Thank Amanda M