“Very much worth it”

Ranked #76 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We own a charming and authentic bistro from 1900 and we simply offer fresh products from "le marche" that our Chef Erwan le Gahinet puts together to create very tasty French cuisine. French and world cuisine because we litterally are globe trotters of bistros. We travel for food and we bring back authentic flavours from around the globe. We do everything to make you feel at home and very welcome in our restaurant. Only one saying guides us : the pleasure to please! We are opened everyday for lunch and dinner. See you soon at BISTROTTERS!
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This restaurant is definitely worth making an effort to visit. You need to book as they were turning people away regularly on the Tuesday night we visited, The staff were very friendly and helpful and gave great advice on wines without being patronising. The food was fantastic. You only get a choice of 5 dishes for each course, but we tried 3 at each course and all were fantastic. We have eaten at a few Michelin starred restaurants and this one certainly comes close to those so get down there before they do get a star and the prices go up. We paid €70 per head which was excellent value

1  Thank LaurieF77
There are newer reviews for Bistrotters

Reviewed February 21, 2014

By far, one of the best meals I've had in my life.

The restaurant itself is definitely out of the way, but I think it was worth the cab fare to try.

Reservations are accepted, but you can only reserve 12 days before the day you wish to have the meal. You then have to confirm your reservation 48 hours in advance. E-mail confirmations are sent out at the 48-hour interval to remind you of the reservation and you simply have to click the link to confirm, easy enough.

We had our booking for the 7pm seating. We arrived about 10 minutes early…but don't expect to get in early! Doors opened right at 7pm and by that time, quite a few people were already waiting outside. We had our choice of seats. We (table for 2) originally sat in a booth by the kitchen, but I found the kitchen to be a little noisy (dishes banging, doors swinging, taps running) and feared it would impinge upon my evening, so we decided to switch seats. The second table we sat at (still on the upper level), was much better and I'm glad we decided to switch.

We opted for the entree + plat + dessert option for 37 euros (other choice = entree + plat or plat + dessert for 30 euros). I had the vegetable tart (to die for!), the pork belly (succulent…served with hearty vegetables) and the chocolate fondant with sorbet (yum).

I figure the restaurant itself seats about 25 people and with just 2 wait staff, it is quite busy, but I never felt like I was being neglected. The staff are extremely polite and helpful.

Menus are available in both English and French, so don't be afraid of not being able to read the menu!

I would highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely visit it again.

1  Thank ceilidhsmith
Reviewed February 21, 2014

booked for dinner on a saturday night exactly 12 days in advance.
on that night, we were running a bit late (took us more than an hour to come back down from the eiffel tower...). rang the restaurant and they nicely held the table for us.
it was a full house when we arrived.
even though we were the last to arrive for the second seating, at no point were we rushed. The staff was friendly at all time.
Asked for recommendation for a sweeter white wine. It was on the expensive side but my girlfriend really liked it and so it was well worth it.
had the vegetable tart and fois gras as starters. Both were awesome. The vegetable tart is a one of a kind dish. Definitely the best part of the meal.
The crispy pork was very tender. could have been even better if the sauce is lighter.
The Duck breast, chocolate fondant and French toast were all well above average.
Portions were very generous but I reckon the 3 course option is of much better value.
As many reviewers have mentioned, the restaurant is not in the usual touristy area. however its still reasonably close to the metro.
When we left, the staff asked us how we are going back to our hotel. He also explained to us which metro lines to take etc. it was a really nice touch.
I would definitely be back!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The second I walked into this place, I loved it. It was relaxed, tastefully decorated, with calming swing music playing. Lovely touches, such as a scented candle in the loo and old fashioned bar, added to the overall ambience. The two guys were incredibly friendly, helpful and they were also very accommodating of our 8 month old baby. The food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. My boyfriend said it was the best pork belly he'd ever had. We had a lovely leisurely lunch, lasting 3 hours; at no time did we feel rushed. The wines (including the matched desert wines) were all very good.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough, I absolutely loved it. I just read some of the 'average' reviews as I couldn't believe it could rate it at that level, but basically It appears that those people were expecting something flash and expensive. This place is not that, and that is what makes it so charming.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Everything was perfect and the price was not excessive. A vegetable tart, was a surprising appetizer and we devoured it. The rabbit in a mushroom sauce was "to die for." Deserts were all spectacular and the service was exceptional. We loved the place!

1  Thank PHCTourist