“Great meals, excellent service”
Review of Bistrotters

Bistrotters
Ranked #74 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We own a charming and authentic bistro from 1900 and we simply offer fresh products from "le marche" that our Chef Erwan le Gahinet puts together to create very tasty French cuisine. French and world cuisine because we litterally are globe trotters of bistros. We travel for food and we bring back authentic flavours from around the globe. We do everything to make you feel at home and very welcome in our restaurant. Only one saying guides us : the pleasure to please! We are opened everyday for lunch and dinner. See you soon at BISTROTTERS!
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The food was really great, especially the cream egg and the lamb chop (cant remember the french name). But be aware the place is not big, so reservation is a must. The location is quite easy to find and near to metro station Plaisance.

2  Thank Meidiyanto_A

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We are American and use trip advisor to help with hotel and restaurant choices. We spent 16 days in France and were mostly satisfied with choices. In Paris we took the ranking of this restaurant with a grain of salt since it was so highly ranked in a city of more than 8000 choices. We don't have much to compare it to in Paris but clearly this was one of the best dinners we had in all of France. They helped with guiding us through the menu with our limited French (happily and with out attitude I might add).We had fish and slow cooked pork which were outstanding. The appetizers were superb and the desserts were creative and perfectly prepared. The wine list was great and the atmosphere was quaint bistro but nothing special. At the time it was ranked #1 in Paris. I have no reason to dispute this. It was a fantastic night.

3  Thank raferjack
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect, the Foie Gras was a meal to itself, do not pass it up. Don't skip dessert either, you would regret it.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Ok, so I have to start this review with a rather long winded story! My wife and I took a 5 day trip to Paris from the UK and both being utter foodies, we wanted to sample some really nice restaurants. We had Bistrotters recommend to us so we booked up about 2-3 months in advance. But disaster struck, on the evening of our reservation, Rue Decres had been hit by an almighty power cut and all reservations were cancelled! Dismayed, we thought we wouldn't be able to eat here during our trip as it was fully booked for the next 3 weeks. However, on our last day, 6 hours before we were due to leave, Francois called us to offer us a lunch table due to a cancellation! That proves to everyone how top notch and thoughtful the people are that run Bistrotters! So we headed off (in a bit of a rush as we were situated on the other side of Paris!) for our meal.....It did not disappoint. We both had the crab and avocado starter, which was divine. For our mains, I had the crispy pork belly and my wife had the tuna steak. Both were truly incredible. The pork belly was a perfect balance of crispy and melt in your mouth. I know a lot of people prefer Tuna steak medium to well, but whilst the steak was rare, it was the best tuna steak I'd ever had and my wife agreed, so don't let the rareness put you off! For dessert, I had the brioche. This was the best dessert I've ever eaten. Actually, I'm struggling to think of anything I've ever eaten that was better than this, and I've eaten at a lot of nice restaurants in Europe and the US. Laduree in Paris does top notch desserts, but this was better than any dessert I've had there and it was at least half the price! You just can't beat that!

Francois and co, you were all incredible and thank you all so much for ending our trip on such a high note.

Nathan & Tiffany Broome.

1  Thank njbandtmb
Reviewed September 24, 2013

From booking on line, the text message to confirm our booking and the email to say we are looking forward to seeing you, I knew that this place was going to be good.
I am a huge foodie and this has to be one of the best meals I have had in a long time.
The tuna steak was truly amazing and the brioche with salted caramel and chocolate shards was incredible!
It's really good value for money and the service was amazing, nothing was too much trouble.
We even had a power cut at the end of the night and it added to the whole evening.
You must visit this place.

1  Thank Jenny G