“Excellent Local Spot”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Local Spot”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Fantastic food; great atmosphere; we all had a great meal and were not distressed about the bill! We will return before we leave Paris

Visited February 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

After reading the reviews on here I booked this place for me and my girlfriend for our 2nd night in Paris after eating in the Effiel Tower on the first.

This place blew the previous place out the water, The atmosphere, the food, the staff and the drink were all amazing.

We had the goats cheese salad and the meat selection for starters both were nice by any standard and we both enjoyed them more than at 58.

Main we shared the Beef Stew which was out of the world and broke away at a touch with the sides of mash, rice and corn.

The pudding was a vanilla rice pudding (think Vanilla milkshake with rice) and chocolate mouse both again very good.

Washed down with some white wine, water and a coffee.

It came to €92 euros for both of us and then they chucked in two free drinks before we left.

Considering we paid €150 for the Effiel tower food that left us still peckish this was a steal...

I am still full after laying down for 45mins recovering!!!!

This is a must go.

1 Thank AlexBarber
Valbonne, France
“Great location near Eiffel Tower and best Beef Bourguignon”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Great location, lots of locals and the best beef Bourguignon I've ever tasted. Definitely go back when next in Paris.

• Visited January 2012
Stockport, England
“A very special place”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I took the advice of other Tripadvisor members & made sure we found this restaurant. Early Saturday evening, we wandered in to find they weren't quite open, but it wasn't a problem - we went in the book and had a table 15 minutes later. Now my husband adores offal and I don't, but both of us came away saying it was the best meal we'd had in Paris.
Everything's based on a fixed price menu, but anything off the a la carte can be added to it for a supplement - which is how himself had a plate of duck hearts with bacon as a starter (I tried them - they were rather nice) and an even bigger plate of calves' liver as a main course (not tested. Liver! Don't go there!) I played safe with prawns with garlic and ginger. I would have been happy having that portion as a main course! There were loads and they were cooked beautifully. And I attempted the boeuf bourginon as a main course, but had to give up - there was so much and it was so good. As other writers have said, you get mashed potato, polenta and rice with the main courses. The first 2 were excellent, the third we just didn't have room for because we needed desserts! They didn't disappoint either. We also chose a red wine from the Basque region of France, a first for us and both gave it a thumbs up
All in all, a great little place with an inventive menu. We'd go back certainly

Visited December 2011
1 Thank salski1380
Los Angeles, California
“Great meal!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Just got back from dinner and felt compelled to write a review immemdiately. Best dinner we have had on this Europe trip and spent 9 days in Italy already. Prices are great value considering it's Paris and the quality food they serve here. $30 euros for complete menu with app/main/dessert or other variations for cheaper.

Based on other reviews on TA, started with the balsamic duck heart with bacon appetizer, it wad amazing!! If u can be adventurous, the flavors, textures went so well together. I had the grilled lamb which was perfectly pink inside with great flavor and large portions. Had the veal which came as a veal stew and it was great as well. Finished off with coffee and creme brûlée to cap off the perfect meal.

Saw others with cod stuffed peppers and a scallop entree that I was itching to try if I wasn't already bursting at the seams. Highly recommend!!