“Cute”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A small french bistro, nice atmosphere, food is good but not out of the ordinary - a bit expensive for what it is offer.

There are newer reviews for Le Temps des cerises

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My first meal (lunch) in Paris was experienced within four hours of my arrival. This restaurant was on my "to try" list from Tripadvisor and I certainly wasn't disappointed. This local Marais neighborhood bistrot is relatively small--perhaps 8-10 tables at the most, and filled up very quickly. My server spoke no English, but was very helpful and eager to help me order from the daily special menu. While I really didn't have a total idea of what I was ordering (my dictionary wasn't very helpful) I recognized a few words and just took a leap of faith and ordered anyway. The meals of my fellow diners appeared very delicious, as was mine when it arrived. My starter was a cauliflower soup which was surprisingly creamy and very tasty, as was my main course--a scalloped pork chop accompanied by linguine topped by a balsamic tomato garlic sauce. What a great introduction to French cooking. This restaurant is exactly what one imagines when hoping to find a "locals hangout". The prices were very reasonable as well. Good house wine, terrific bread--what more can one ask for? Please try it.

3  Thank ingy69
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This restaurant is less than a 1 minute walk from Hotel St Louis Marais. Quality of food and service were outstanding. Also, patience & friendliness of staff who assisted our order from a menu that was entirely in French was appreciated and remarkable.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was ideal, as we were staying close by. Small but varied menu, friendly staff. REasonable price.
Would eat there again.

1  Thank NVLA
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Pauline Frommer mentioned that this is her favorite place to eat so I decided to try it. The value is very good and the service was excellent. The menu is in French but the bartender interpreted it for me. The formula menu for the day was a steak or fish. I chose the steak. You could do this with a salad or a dessert. I chose the dessert. My steak came with small new potatoes and the fish came with zuchinni and mushrooms. My dessert was lemon meringue pie or the salad was a ceasar salad. The cost was 13.50 euros. This bistro is very small and filled up quickly. They also serve dinner. It is located off Saint Antoine in the Bastille area. I got off at the St Paul metro and walked back towards the Bastille monument. I would definitely recommend this for lunch.

3  Thank paristx49