“vegetarians beware!”

Le Taxi Jaune
Ranked #3,801 of 16,854 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Warwick, New York
“vegetarians beware!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Definitely for diners who are adventuresome. This small restaurant in the Marais district has a young chef who really cares about making food an experience. I was hard-pressed to find anything on the small menu of main courses that wasn't organ meat or horse meat! Although two of my companions had the duck which they said was very good. I had two appetizers--one was fried silverfish and the other featured beets I think. Very good wine.

Visited October 2012

Kent, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly exceptional by Jonathan C.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Everything was wonderful. The soup du jour was vegetable and obviously made fresh. From the moment we tasted the soup, I knew it was to be a special evening. My wife had the duck and I had the veal - both were delicious and the presentation was outstanding. Service was excellent and Otis took his time to answer any and all questions. I splurged on desert even though I was pretty full and I am so glad that I did. The brioche with lemon sorbet and fresh strawberries was just a perfect end to a true feast. For what we received and the quality of the food, the price was very reasonable - especially compared to other restaurants in the same area. Perhaps the best meal we had in Paris.

Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Small Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This bistro is tucked away on a side street near the Arts et Metiers Metro stop. We were lucky enough to be staying very close by. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. We were lucky to walk in and get a table without a reservation. Everything is the freshest and finest quality. The duck and the horse steak were excellent. The atmosphere is an upscale casual. Well worth the visit.

1 Thank Bob T
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“I could eat a horse, and just did!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Charming, chic but not chi chi. Friendly, non-intrusive service. Horse steak was delightful. Good solid bistro food and a solid range of wines. Upscale, brut won't break the bank

1 Thank Chris P
Hong Kong
“Great atmosphere, great food, and great chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is quietly tucked away in a side street not too far away from Pompidou. We were the first customers to arrive that evening, and the chef was very patient to explain the dishes and made recommendations, and he certainly took pride in his creations. The decoration inside the restaurant itself is simple, but it's quite apparently that a lot of attention has been paid to the details.

We had the horse meat and the duck as main dish and they were fabulous. The presentation was impeccable, and cooked to perfection. For dessert we shared the caramel pear and it certainly was a highlight of the trip.

The chef was very friendly and courteous throughout, and his restaurant is certainly a place to revisit next time!