“Average”

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant while looking for dinner near the Eiffel Tower. It was around 8pm and there was no need for a reservation. It is a large restaurant with plenty of seating. Both of our meals were average and nothing special. Our server was helpful and attentative. He helped us with English menus and spoke fluent English. Overall, it was a nice easy place for a couple of tourists to eat at but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on all my visits to Paris since I lived here in 2001. At that time it was a very cheap cafe of great value, 12 years after it's still great although now the prices are more aligned with similar alternatives. However, the food and service is still much better than average, and therefore still highly recommended. It is always close to full when I visit it, and mostly by French, and I guess that says it all!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed nearby at the Hotel Ares Eiffel. We had several breakfasts, a few lunches and a dinner at Le Suffren. The waiters were great, many of them were fluent in English. The food was very good and consistent and there was always a nice crowd there including some regulars. Their coffee was great too. It's a well priced restaurant and we would return any time. We enjoyed the neighborhood and Le Motte Piquet Grennelle metro stop is 1/2 block away.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My fiancée and I strolled in on a Saturday night around 9pm. After a quick 10 minute wait we were seated by a nice hostess to a quaint table in the middle of the resturant. We ordered a bottle of wine and had a seafood tower which was incredible. The oysters were amazing above all. We had lamb chops, a salad, and finished the meal with profiteroles. Grand total of 94 euro which was a unbeleivable value. As Americans, we felt very comfortable and the waiter was very accommodating to our lack of French with menus in English. Would recommend to all in the neighborhood.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We took some friends to this restaurant which is close to where we were staying. The waiter kept trying to steer us toward a more expensive choice on the menu. Service was very slow and poor. Of the four people dining, two got something they did not order but due to the slow service we decided not to send it back. The food was mediocre at best. We recommend that you avoid this restaurant.