“Le Souffle - parfait!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Le Souffle captures the essence of that giddy, "Ahhhhh, I'm in Paris!" feeling. It's hard not to be completely charmed before you even reach the adorable, baby blue facade. (Rue du Mont Thabor feels a world away from Rue du Rivoli.) The savory souffles are silky, delicate and warming on cold nights, and it's impossible not to enjoy their sweet counterparts. (Order the Grand Marnier souffle. It's accompanied by the entire bottle and they didn't seem to mind when we treated ourselves to an extra pour or two.)

I understand some of the criticisms shared by other reviewers. It's true that you won't be eating with locals, and I typically avoid restaurants of this ilk. That said, what could be more French than eating a souffle in France?! If you're worried about not getting an "authentic experience," get over it for an hour (because, yes, they will move you out quickly) and let yourself indulge in being a tourist! You'll have a souffle-centric dinner, be served by a wait staff that will happily speak English, and sign the bill just as your jetlag sets in. I recommend Le Souffle to all first time visitors and am thinking about returning on my next (8th) visit to Paris.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a memorable dinner at Le Soufflé 35 years ago and were pleased to see that it was still there when we returned to Paris in July. We liked it so much that we ate there twice! Service was attentive, the food, especially the soufflés, was wonderful and the prices were reasonable. We had mushroom, chocolate and Grand Marnier soufflés, and enjoyed them all. We were pleased to see that after 35 years, the tradition of leaving a bottle of Grand Marnier on the table with the soufflé continues. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

When I was first reading about this place, I thought it was a very casual "dive"; so I was shocked to find it an extremely elegant and adorable place. It has been there for 40 years but the decor is fresh and classic.

I had my nephew with me and was constantly looking for reasonable places to eat so we decided to "pop in" at 7 pm one night. Luckily they were able to get us a table because in a few minutes all the reservations showed up and there was not a seat in the house.

I had remembered that people said ignore the rest of the menu and stick with the souffles and that is what we did. I had the Henri IV (creamy chicken with mushrooms) souffle for my main course (16 euro) and my nephew had the Pike fish and crawfish Brochet (17 euro) and both came out quickly (a real surprised because I know souffles take so long). Both were just wonderful, they come out so pretty and the waiter than has a silver gravy dish to add your "filling", and there was plenty of filling!

For dessert I had the creme brulee souffle which is hard to describe but was possibly the best dessert I have ever had at a restaurant that was not chocolate. My nephew had the pistachio/chocolate one. Just perfect.

I also had two glasses of a very nice brut champagne and they were lovely about us asking for "tap" water. The service was just perfect, beautiful china, silver and all the touches that a 4 star restaurant would employ. I was truly impressed. And it was one of the cheapest meals I had in Paris.

My husband came a few days later to town and I cancelled a reservation I had elsewhere to go back. This time was 9:30 and the place was really crowded. Unfortunately the table next to us was a large group with KIDS so that kind of ruined the elegant experience I had the first time. The waiter was not as great as the last time but the food was just as good. this time I had the Beef Burgandy Souffle and my husband had the Henry IV. I liked the Henry IV better but the beef one was good also. He got the grand marnier souffle which came with your choice of grand marnier and I got the creme brulee again. My husband also got a half bottle of red wine while I stuck with the champagne. All in all, a fabulous meal.

We tried to go again on 8/7 for lunch but they were closed for the month of August!

1  Thank joannt59
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We saw this restaurant featured on Luke Nguyen's France on SBS in Australia and just had to go. Thankfully we got in on our first night in Paris before they closed for the Summer. Service was efficient and friendly and the soufflés were amazing although I just couldn't finish my dessert. Definitely glad we went.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you love souffle as much as we Di and don't get the chance to eat as often as you would like, then when your in Paris, this little beau is a must.
Theres 2 x different souffle menus to choose from, as well as other famous French dishes. The wine list is just enough, and doesn't go on for days, but has nice half bottle choices as well.
The service is prompt but not intrusive.
It's very French,casual but elegant an make sure you have a reservation.

ozboys