“A classique”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed October 6, 2013

A wonderful lunch of perfectly executed soufflés. For anyone who's never been able to master making them, come this little gem and enjoy them at their best.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Everyone knows making souffle is an art form. Takes a lot of skill. Seeing that this place specialises in that, you expect consistency as well, and that's what we got. We had their three course menu, all souffles were fantastic, couldn't fault them. Best soufflés I've ever had.

Service was very friendly. It was actually my wife's birthday, so I discreetly asked for a candle on her last dessert souffle. A waiter came and sang happy birthday too, even though I didn't even ask him to, was very nice. They're certainly not your usual Parisian waiters!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Delicious and near the Louvre so it's a good spot to eat after you leave the museum. The chocolate soufflé was the best

Reviewed October 4, 2013

a. My wife and I had read about it on TripAdvisor and were interested in having lunch there. Looking at the menu on their website we knew the price of a meal was $$$. We arrived about 1PM on a rainy week day, without a reservation. We were greeted politely (we speak no French except hello and thank you) and were quickly seated. The menu allowed ala carte or two fixed price selections. Since this was to be our main meal of the day we elected the traditional menu which consisted of a choice from four entrees, a choice from five main courses and a choice from a number of desserts. We shared both a cheese and a mushroom soufflé, the chicken and the duck breast main plates and finished with a chocolate soufflé and a crème brulee soufflé along with a bottle of wine. For two people who never had had soufflés, this meal was an absolutely lovely experience. An aside: I had had the breast of duck at another restaurant several days before and this was significantly better prepared.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recently went to Paris for the first time. I did a lot of research and this restaurant got consistently high ratings. That, plus it's hard to get a good soufflé in the states, made me book it for my first night in Paris. Glad we made reservations because in the two hours we were there, we saw about 5 parties get turned away because they didn't have reservations. Our three top got seated at that cute little table on the right as soon as you walk in. Great, cozy spot. Given my previous dining experiences in Europe, I expected the service to be slow, even though that drives me nuts. Service was not slow at this restaurant, thank God. Started off with a bottle of Evian and cocktails (they have a full bar- yeah). I had already decided I was going to have a soufflé as my appetizer, main course and dessert. So, I had the mushroom soufflé as a starter. It was fantastic, but I enjoyed my sister's spinach soufflé even more. I had a seafood soufflé as my entree and it was light and wonderful. Dare I say the best was the dessert? Yes, I must say, the dessert soufflés were out of this world. Hands down, the best soufflé I've ever had in my life. A work of art. The light and airy character of the soufflé was something to behold. I had the Gran Marnier soufflé and it came complete with, you guessed it, a bottle of Gran Marnier that the waiter poured into the center of the warm soufflé. As yummy as it was, the chocolate soufflé my hubby had was, by far, the cream of the soufflé crop. Of course, the waiter opened up the center to make room for the fantabulicious chocolate sauce. Absolute heaven. This is what I call "death bed" food, if you know what I mean (or death row, for you felons with good taste). How I wish a place like this existed in the states.....