“Large portions!”

Neighborhood: Montmartre
brighton
“Large portions!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate here late in the afternoon having had no breakfast, so we were hungry. We still could not finish one course, but it was tasty and just what was needed after a walk all the way up to Sacre Coeur. There were a couple of tourists, but most of the other diners were French.

This is not fine dining or subtle tastes, but if you want simple food and are peckish, this might suit you. We had the half chickend and confit de canard. Confit de Canard may well be the type you buy in cans (which we do fairly often), but that seems to be standard.....

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“delicious”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Went for a meal here while on a weekend trip away with the other half. We had met up with a family friend who lives in Paris and had suggested it, so I had some pretty high hopes for it as I have (shamefully) tended to adhere to the stereotypical belief of Parisians favouring high quality food.
As we were with native French speakers, our order was taken in French - although I'm fairly sure that our waitress could speak a bit of English as well, which is unsurprising as it is in a fairly touristic area - a short walk away from the Sacré Cœur and the Moulin Rouge.
We didn't bother with starters as the clear attraction of the menu was in its selection of huge salads. I ordered one with smoked salmon, black olives & a creme fraiche dressing, and my other half ordered a half chicken (after which, he was warned by the family friend that it really does mean a literal chicken cut in half - though this didn't deter him at all!)
All the salads come with lettuce leaves and fried potato slices which were garlicky, herby and delicious. There was a more than generous amount of salmon in my salad and I couldn't finish it, so my other half (having finished off his gigantic plate of chicken - also with potatoes and lettuce) impressively polished it off.
The service was average in every sense of the word - we were seated, handed menus, taken orders from and had our plates taken off us when we were finished. At one point we asked for some mayonnaise that never seemed to arrive, and we were never checked on to make sure we had everything or that our food was edible (luckily it was, and we didn't mind too much about the mayo).
All in all, it was a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited December 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great food - great prices!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant when we were walking nearby our vacation rental. Ended up going back the next day! Cassoulet was great, steak with roquefort cheese was delicious! The prices were great for Paris and the food and service was wonderful! The wine was very reasonably priced and we had a great time. Thought about ordering the sausage - our waiter warned us that it wasn't what we thought was normal sausage (I think it was pig intestines or something along those lines). It was great that he figured to explain it to us because that would have surprised us if we had ordered it! Ended up ordering duck instead, great choice! Definitely will come back next time we visit Paris.

• Visited November 2013
Ghent, Belgium
“Best onion soup I've even had”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very cosy place, the prices are reasonable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Salads are tasty and portions are huge. The onion soup is really the best I've ever had. Home maid, delicious and makes me come back to this place every time I'm in Paris.

• Visited November 2013
Rhodes, Greece
“A french bistro with american portions!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Suggested by french we where there after a nice walk. Friendly stuff but the only advise is remain in the salad option which probably is the most famous plate.all the others dishes where served in 5 minutes all together tasteless but in huge for french measures.nothing remain in my memorie of taste except the portions and the decent prices!