“A taste of Gascony in Paris”
Review of Le Relais Gascon

Le Relais Gascon
Ranked #492 of 16,978 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“A taste of Gascony in Paris”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Three of us stopped in for lunch after a Sunday morning Paris Walks walking tour of Montmartre. Conveniently located just a few short blocks from the Abbesses Metro station. The clientele was a mix of local families and tourists. The seating inside is a bit tight -- they appear to have squeezed in one or two more tables than comfortably fit in the available space. I had the pate de campagne appetizer and the cassoulet as my main. The portions were generous and the quality excellent. Service was reasonably good, though a little uneven.

Contrary to what previous reviewer DRPETE24 said, the restaurant *does* take credit cards (though not American Express).

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“A little $$ but very yummy”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I went here on a Monday night and the place was packed. I was lucky to get a table outside on the street. There a good mix of locals an travellers, you can get a small carafe of wine 25cl for €5, salads range between €12-14. I chose the rouquefort and smoked ham one. It was delicious and I loved it! Could have done with a little more tomato than four pieces though! Wine was nice but not amazing. I wold go back! And I would rests omens it to others.

DEstin Fl
“A wonderful lunch place after touring Sacre Cour”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Loved this place for lunch. It is between the Abbesses Metro stop and the funicular to Sacre Cour.
Everyone seems to order the salads for good reason--they are fantastic!! My wife had the one with smoked salmon---must have been a half pound of Nova salmon in there--very good. I had the foie gras-smoked duck salad---outstanding!! The salad leaves have a very light dressing and the salad is topped with garlic fried thin potatoes which are lightly salted. YUMMY!!!
Service was good though we got the last table outside--virtually sitting in the laps of adjacent customers--but, it is worth the hassle. Had profiteroles for dessert--one order is plenty for 2 people--excellent.
Only bad news is they do not take credit cards---we barely had enough cash to cover the meal, so beware of that.

Madison, Wisconsin
“I am in love with the salad”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Came here two nights in a row, and even made my local Parisian friend come with me. I simply couldn't get enough of the Salade du Bearnais. The potato "fries" on the top with the creamy fabulous dressing, bacon, and crispy toasts with warm goat cheese.... I am salivating on my computer keys just thinking about it. My American friend got the salmon and was not very impressed, and ended up forking my salad!

The waitstaff is very nice, the sidewalk tables are charming, and going at night around 8:30 or 9 provides the French native speakers for a delightful little slice of Parisian dining.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Salads with fried sliced potatoes were great. I had a duck casserole type dish that was unbelievable. Very heavy but it was great. Great value as well. Especially for Paris.