“No trip to Paris is complete without a trip to La Relais”

Le Relais de l'Entrecote
Ranked #694 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed February 23, 2013

What could be finer than steak and chips? Steak and chips twice, of course! There is no menu, you are asked how you want your steak cooked when you walk in, then you get a salad (mustard dressing, with walnuts) to enjoy whilst they cook your steak frites.

The waitress then serves your steak frites (with infamous "green sauce"), you'll be upset initially at the size of the portion, until you realise that your "third course" is actually the same again. Frites are crispy and golden, and the steak will be cooked exactly to your liking. Not liking La Relais for serving only one thing (and serving it exceptionally well - there are usually queues outside for a reason) is a bit silly. The house wine is a bit of a bargain, too.

La Relais is a Paris institution, and one everyone should go to - just make sure you're in the mood for steak. And don't expect a menu.

2  Thank Get_Lippie

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Regarding any of the negative review above, I just have to say you are not looking at this product the right way. This is not full menu place. The beauty of it is that it is a very limited menu that they have down to perfection. Frankly this is my favorite place to go while in Paris because I know what I am going to get and it is always simple but exceptional. Plus it has professional efficient service. Uniformed servers and tablecloths and no waiting once at your table. No wonder you have to wait outside if you dont get there early. I love this place

1  Thank Burton C
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was disappointed with my green sauced steak. If I want fries I go to Mc Donald's. I felt as if I was being hearded like the sad cow that gave us the steak. Atmosphere is much the same as the high school cafeteria. Except I got to choose my food there. I feel that this restaurant is a fraud being perpetrated upon the French people.

3  Thank hope077
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place was one of our least favourite experiences. The food was good, but just steak with fries & a salad, no other selection. It has an interesting "secret" sauce which makes it special I guess. I found it very rushed, the waitress was impatient and rude. She wanted us to order without a menu, we didn't know there wasn't any choice there, but we did at least want to know the price before we ordered. The steak was fairly small & although it was too expensive it looked a bit pricey, however the waitree did return & offer more steak & fries so for larger eaters it's good. It's crowded & the turnover is pretty fast-not a nice food experience!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

we are a young australian couple from australia and obviously australia is reknowned for its angus beef. we are the type that don't usually like steaks and much meat on its own however this restaurant was something different. the waitress was very professional, charming and a little charismatic too. there is a long-ish wait to enter the restaurant (around 45 or so minutes) however it is all worth while. this steak is exceptional. a clean crisp taste that is not only delicious but for someone who doesnt like their steak, i was wanting more.

the salad to start was tasty, very different and also somewhat sweet. as a couple travelling around europe, keeping up with our greens is always hard but this place made it all a very enjoyable experience.

remember:

it is all you can eat for the one price!! so loose yourselves!!!

enjoy it!