“Very good but the one in Geneva is better”

Le Relais de l'Entrecote
Ranked #1,904 of 18,479 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The usual dishes very well prepared although we found the "frites" a bit on the greasy side. You have to queue to get a table unless you like dining very early or late.
Good value for money, quick and friendly service and the steak is delicious.
The Geneva Restaurant which we visited two years ago is better: both the steak, the frites and desserts are better quality and the ambiance more lively.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,084)

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Been to the branch in the concord two times ( once about 25 years ago as a child, second time 15 years ago as a student.
Both were very good ( enough to remember)
Sitting at this very moment, savoring the taste of the steak ( and the souce) .
Yes, we bad to queue, even though it was 22:30. It took a while ( luckily the fact we were a couple shortened the time in the queue)
the desert ( some kind of chocolate mouse cake) was quite good aswell.
Be aware that you may be seated next to strangers. ( could be quite annoying) and that you'll have to wait quite a lot for your seat.
I personally think it worth it :)
P. S. The cost for two persons with a small bottle of wine and one desert was 68 euros.
the basic meal ( only the salad, the steak and fries) would cost you 25.80

1  Thank Ganit_w
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was not good. Not worth the money we paid. Also, my wife asked for a well done steak and it turned out it was terribly tough so she asked if she could change it to medium. She was told that the waitress would have to pay for it (which I find hard to believe, but that is beside the point) and would not let her change her steak. This relegated her to simply eat a terrible steak, which I thought was a surprising choice by a restaurant with a first-time customer (ie give a bad experience). I had a medium (normally like medium-rare) and it still was not very good considering what I was paying. Leave steak for America and go somewhere else.

2  Thank Sam S
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Relais de l'Entrecote doesn't have any menus. You only tell the waitress how you'd like your steak cooked.  Out comes a delicious salad with a mustard dressing.  Then your steak and frites arrive in 2 shifts.  The steak melts in your mouth and the sauce is exceptional.  Would absolutely return.  There is one in NYC so I'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank Paula R
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife was in Paris last year and she visited this place, we went together and found d a line outside (it is always a long line).

The only option there is steak and fries, you only choose the wine and desserts.

The sauce they serve with the steak is so delicious and it is the reason people like the place.

The flavor really blow my mind and we returned the day after.

1  Thank marcelonyc