“Best restaurant value in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Petit Vatel

Le Petit Vatel
Reserve with
Le Petit Vatel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,909 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Best restaurant value in Paris”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

In a city with a lot of mediocre restaurants with high prices serving the tourist crowds this place is like something out of a film on how we percieve paris as americans. My aunt who has been traveling to Paris for the last forty years commented that this is a restaurant that isn't so much a Parisian one, but a French one and very unusual in a city like Paris because it doesn't cater to the tourist crowd(that is not to say the staff wasn't great..see below).

The waitress was incredibly helfpul when she seated our large party(8) in the restaurant 30 mins before it opened, she even went so far as to store our large stroller in her car. Great Service.

We recieved some rec's from another american in the restaurant and they are the same ones we'll pass on: Pea Soup, Carrot Salad, Eggplant Caviar. You will not be dissapointed. The Chicken with herbs was supreme, as was the canneloni and the blood sausage.

Not a single item on the menu was good...they were FANTASTIC...and we have not stopped talking about this place since we visited it. We will be back.

Visited June 2012

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Run to this restaurant”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was one of our favorite restaurants in Paris...it was small just about everyone in the restaurant was French, except us. The food was exceptional-I had duck that was very well prepared. I usually don't eat dessert but the chocolate gateau that my daughter and I shared was wonderful. This is one of those hidden gems that you need to check out.

Visited January 2012
Greenwich
“heatlhy food .. quiet street ... tiny restaurant”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is a tough one. The restaurant is tiny: it might seat 16 people tops. The menu is basic but very french food. Prices are average for this area. I am getting used to essentially the same price for an entree or desert or wine wherever you go in this price range. I know one can do better but if you are staying in the area.. you should consider it. The waitress was helpful.

• Visited November 2011
Saint Louis, MO
“Serviceable, but not as wonderful as before”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

A tiny place to dine with great atmosphere.

It lost something when it was sold sometime between July 2009 and August 2010. The food doesn't seem to be prepared as carefully or with the same attention to ingredients.

It's still a decent place to eat. I like the ambiance a lot. The new owner is very nice. If you're looking for an outstanding meal in Paris, this may not be the place....unless it has improved quite a bit since August 2010.

We walked by in July 2011 -- closed on Mondays.

• Visited August 2010
Southport, North Carolina
“Ordinary”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

To give you some reference, if I gave a restaurant a 5 rating it would mean "Wow, You've got to try this place!" That being the case the best I can do is a 3, a 2 would be a little too negative. I found the food ordinary - the steak was lean and rather tough. It reminded me of the food you would get at a diner in the states. Small and quaint, never the less, if you are in Paris for only a few days I think you can do better. I am surprised at the high reviews based on our experience.