“A bit out of the way”
Review of Au Petit Marguery

Au Petit Marguery
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Au Petit Marguery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,229 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gobelins
Description: Le Petit Marguery restaurant in Paris' Port-Royal quarter has the soul of a traditional French neighbourhood restaurant of a century ago. The mirrors and columns, fresh flowers, the layers of white table linen, the long-aproned waiters in their waistcoats and bow ties, the dark rose colour scheme create a cosy, comfortable and quite smart milieu.
“A bit out of the way”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This restaurant is a bit out of the way if you are staying in the St. Germain District with so many other restaurants closer. It was a 15 minute cab ride from our hotel and it was not convenient to the Metro. The food is very good. The foie gras and the Grand Marnier Souffle were our favorites. The staff was very nice and very patient with our lack of French. Very few, if any, English speakers in the restaurant. One odd thing was that the lights in the restaurant were very bright compared to most other restaurants. Go there if you don't mind an out of the way place.

2 Thank Austin230

• Hungarian first
Montreal, Canada
“Au Petit Marguery Magic in Paris”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Au Petit Marguery is a typical traditional French restaurant that we just happened to pass by while driving around Paris. With my wife’s knowledge of French cinema, she told me to find parking as there was a movie of the same name filmed there and that where we would have dinner. Well its Paris and parking can be an adventure. Twenty minutes later and a 15 minute walk back to the restaurant we were greeted promptly and were able to get a table without a reservation. This place is beautiful. Judging by the crowd there that evening I could see were in for a delightful evening. I ordered the Terrine de canard marbré au foie gras à la coriandre and my wife had the Gaspacho andalou et fromage de chèvre frais au basilic. Both dishes were refined and fresh. For the main course I went simple and had Entrecôte de bœuf, beurre maître d’hôtel et poêlée de pommes de terre and she had Magret de canard rôti, sauce aux pêches et mousseline de pommes de terre. My steak and bake potato were perfect. Her main course was sublime. With wine the price was reasonable this being Paris and I enjoyed the ambiance of a real traditional French restaurant. With the vast choice of eateries in this city I will come back to this eat here one day.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Enrique B
Western Australia, Australia
“Beautiful food, great service!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was in Paris last week and took my Mum here for her birthday. Lovely classic style restaurant, just what you'd hope for a special occasion. Waitress was so nice (yes we WERE in Paris!) yet very professional also. Even the few table-presentation malfunctions were handled with grace, apology and even a bit of humour. Food was amazing and surprisingly well priced. A treat came out for Mum with dessert without me asking, just a wink from the waitress at the mention of it being her birthday, Mum was so chuffed. Highly recommended!

2 Thank Tracey A
Plaquemine, Louisiana
“amazing food, great service”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

this was the best meal I had all week in France. The wait staff were friendly and most helpful, they were able to address my garlic allergy issues and the food was fantastic. Wished I had time to return again for another meal while I was in Paris. Close to the Arch de Triomphe and my hotel.

Paris
“The new Marguery is just the name”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

eFrom summer 2013, there are new owners from a "chaîne de restaurants", quality is down, the "riz de veau " is roasted !, indeed it looks lie the food is made elsewhere and reheated.Even the potatoes are bad. I bet there is no "Chef" in the kitchen.
btw,I am French and I live near that place, I shall not invite my best friends anymore there..

2 Thank fabphil1