“Good ambiance and people watching but just average food”
Review of Le Petit Chatelet

Le Petit Chatelet
Ranked #771 of 18,857 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Description: Restaurant traditionnel et cuisine française ouvert tout les jours de 12h à 14h30 et de 19h à 22h50 situé en face de la cathédrale Notre Dame metro saint Michel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This little bistro is located right near Notre Dame and the Seine and is next door to Shakespeare and Company bookstore.. It has really nice ambiance both inside and out, and the sidewalk seats afford great people watching. The food, however, is just average and the prices are quite high. For example, and half carafe of Rose was 20 Euros. Also, I had coquille St. Jacques and it was just Okay. The service was efficient but not particularly friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,544)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

On our last day in Paris, I was looking for a nice place to have lunch after visiting Notre-Dame. A quick look on tripadviser provided details of Le Petit Chatelet, which was a very good choice.

My wife enjoyed the lamb skewers and I opted for the fillet steak, washed down by a bottle of Cotes du Rhône. We shared the best crepes I have ever tasted. Not bad for under 80 euro.

My only criticism was my steak was slightly over cooked, more medium than medium rare, but the quality and presentation of the food was excellent.

Definitely a place I would recommend in one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been to.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

We dined here twice during our two weeks stay in Paris, and both experiences were very good for all four of us. Indoors/outdoors, both are nice, so let the weather decide for you. This is a popular place, but they work very hard to get their guests seated in a reasonable amount of time.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Came here in jan and twice this weekend. What can is say great location, atmosphere and food. Sanctus victus 2012 amazing wine and well priced. Every plate clean every time we come. What better review than that. Friendly staff. Love this place

Reviewed June 20, 2018

We stopped into this restaurant on a whim after visiting Shakespeare & Company next door, and were blown away by our dinner! The service was impeccable, and each of our dishes (chicken and salmon) was delicious. Even without a reservation, we were seated immediately and quickly served. Unfortunately for other people, as the evening stretched on many were not able to get a seat. A reservation might be a good idea, or make it an early dinner (we were there at about 6-6:30).