“A Charming LIttle Bistro!”
Review of Le P'tit Troquet

Le P'tit Troquet
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le P'tit Troquet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #473 of 18,464 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Based on the reviews I read, here and other sites, I was really excited to try out this restaurant. The restaurant is definitely off the beaten path, but still easy to find.

The restaurant is very small (couldn't have be more than 10 small tables) which gives it a very cozy feeling. At times it was too cozy because we getting in and out was a bit difficult. I laughed when we were seated because nearly everyone in there was American! The place obviously had very good word-of-mouth amongst travelers :)

I thought the food was great! It wasn't the best food I've ever had in Paris, but it was still really good. They offer a limited menu, so if you need a lot of choices you'd be better off going elsewhere.

The staff is very friendly and they speak English so it's easy to communicate. They took very good care of us while we were there.

Overall, we really enjoyed it. The next time I visit Paris I'll be sure to visit again!

1  Thank MsWahine

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Wonderful traditional and modern elegant food with the nicest friendliest helpful staff we have met anywhere on our European trip.I intend to go back before we finish our trip as by complete happenstance our hotel is about 2 doors away so we literally came upon this gem by chance on our first night in Paris this time. I had the beef bourgignon and my husband the very popular beef dish of the week a fresh take on a beef kebab with green peppercorn sauce. Desserts are to die for so pick any and smile as you eat them.lovely ambience.

2  Thank Aine S
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went back to Paris in June and made it a point of returning to Le P'tit Troquet (two nights in a row). The meals were glorious and Marie was absolutely charming, helpful and gracious in the face of my fractured (but well meaning) french. We have eaten at many wonderful bistros in Paris but keep coming back to this one.

2  Thank DaveMcVean
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a reservation and went to dinner around 8:30 with our granddaughter. The restaurant was full, but the staff was very warm and welcoming. We were seated and began with a Kir Royal. For starters, we had the asparagus risotto and the foie gras. We selected a nice bottle of wine from the Bordeaux region at a reasonable price. For dinner, we all had the specialty of the house, boeuf bourguignon. It was delicious! For dessert, I had three cheeses, my wife had the panna cotta with pineapple, and my granddaughter had the chocolate tart.

The bill was reasonable, the service and the food were all excellent. I would recommend this cute little Parisian eatery. Good service, great good and very good wine. Above all the company was superb!

1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked this restaurant due to the amount of good reviews it had...we wished we hadn't! We walked in and it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop even though all tables were full. We glanced at the menu and that didn't look too inviting either so we left! The food may well have been lovely but I prefer a bit of atmosphere in restaurants and this just lacked it I'm afraid. Such a shame but it just wasn't our cup of tea

2  Thank StanleyRose